CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

Third Person's POV

Third Person's POV

When the day of the concert rolled around, Adrian's phone was blowing up with people trying to get a reserved table. It got to the point where he just turned it off. He met up with the band and they ran through a few songs. By 8:30, they went to the back to change and get ready.

The band went out first and started playing Before I Let Go as a warm up. The crowd was singing the words as the four singers walked out. Demarcus grabbed a mic once they stopped playing.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for coming out tonight. I know that we are in for a treat so I'm going to stop talking and let them get to it."

The band struck up On the Ocean and Trinity started singing. From there, they went into Titan singing I Want You and Keesha doing Heart of the Matter. Adrian came in with The Only One for Me and then the group went into singing A Sunday Kind of Love.

"Ladies, how are yall feeling tonight", Keesha asked. After the ladies yelled out, she started up with Lizzo's Cuz I Love You. The ladies were singing along with her. Giving Him Something He Can Feel started and the guys came in on her background. The song, paired with her subtle sensuous dance moves and her outfit of mini denim shorts, wrap up stilettos and laced up white midriff tank, had the guys whistling for her.

Tristan said, "Aiight simmer ya horny asses down, niggas. Keesh, don't you wear that damn outfit no more. Now I don't know how me and my twin are supposed to follow that shit."

Titan said, "We just gotta do it, bruh. Jules, count that shit in."

The band played I Care About You and they absolutely tore it up!

"Ok, so that's how we doing it now? Damn. I don't have a twin or some sexy ass stilettos," Adrian commented.

"Just sang that shit, baby", somebody yelled out.

"Got you, beautiful. Jules, you got me?"

In a perfect falsetto, Adrian did Eric Benet's Sometimes I Cry. He got off his stool and hit that extra high long note towards the end. Some girl ran to the stage with a napkin and said, "Let me wipe your tears, baby!" Of course he got off the stage and let her do it. He got back up on stage and said, "Trin, I think I left you a lil something."

"That's all I need, bruh. Yall just don't fuck up my background vocals." His next song was Tevin Campbell's Don't Throw Your Life Away.

Adrian signaled to Demarcus that they wanted to take a ten-minute break. He grabbed the mic and said, "Aiight yall, the band is gonna take a lil break and then come back to give us something... um Keesha, you got a lil something more to give, baby girl?"

She dropped it low on him and he said, "Oh, she got leftovers, yall."

The DJ played some music while they stepped off to get something to drink. As they got back on the stage, Adrian was messing around and started singing the beginning of A House Is Not a Home.

"Yeessss! Sing it, Addi", Cne yelled out.

"That's not on the lineup, boo."

"You say that like it mean something! Sing the song, Anna Mae!"

He looked at the band and Nelson started on the keyboard. "I guess we doing this."

He started singing it and you can't do a good Luther without putting in some extra runs. The band was hyping him up so he was being extra as hell. When he finally finished, Keesha was waving a handkerchief at him.

"Yass, boo! That's how you do big Luther!"

He led her to the mic and gave her a bow. She smiled and said, "Yall bitches still good?"

After they cheered, she did the opening line to Refill and the ladies started up again.

Titan came up when she was done and said, "Speaking of refill... um... can a bruh get one?"

Demarcus said, "Whatever you want."

"Bruh! I just told you what I want. A reeeeeffffiiiill!" He started laughing and Demarcus gave him a middle finger.

A waitress brought him a glass of Hennessy and he started singing Try a Little Tenderness.

Trinity said, "Aiight aiight. That was cute and all but I want a lady that like her loving a lil bit... grown. Tenderness is fine but I need a lil more."

"So what you talking, bruh?"

Trinity started up Straight Fucking and ladies started screaming. He came out of his shirt and walked into the audience. He started singing to one girl and pulled her up to dance on her. She looked like she was ready to risk an indecency charge just get a taste. From that one he started up with Fucking Wit Me. She almost didn't want to let him go when she saw his tongue when he flicked it at her when he did the bridge and how he was going to lick it.

Adrian said, "Trin, get your freak ass back on this stage and let that lady go wipe her thighs off. Demarcus, we need a cleanup on aisle six!"

Trinity kissed the lady on her cheek and jumped on the stage.

"Can't take your ass nowhere. Aiight, I wanna do some old school for yall. Can't help it. It's what I grew up on. Indulge me, aiight."

"Take ya time!"

Adrian launched into Yearning For Your Love and Love Ballad.

"Alright, it's been a fun night. We are gonna do one last song for yall."

The audience started protesting so he continued. "Now you know some of yall gotta be up early for the usher board."

The group did It's So Hard to Say Goodbye acapella. When they hit the last note, Adrian signaled to the band to start the music for Party and he introduced the band and the singers as well. Everyone got a huge round of applause as they danced on the stage.

When the DJ took over, they all mingled in the audience, accepting the accolades. True to his word, Demarcus hit their cash apps with funds and he comped their drinks the whole night. By the time everyone was leaving, it was 2am.

"Ayo, Adrian, what's the move? We getting pancakes or will Ms. Lucille be expecting us for brunch", Diamond asked. She was also trading phone numbers with two girls.

Adrian looked around at his group and said, "Not sure but I don't want her mad at us, ya know, if we don't show up. It's kind of tradition now, I suppose. And with the way Trinity is getting dry humped, I say we just regroup at Isis at 10. I think we can do the number five gospel playlist. I'll text yall so we don't forget."

They all dapped up and went their separate ways until they met up for gospel brunch.