CHAPTER FORTY ONE

Trevor's POV

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Trevor's POV

Around the campus, Black Greek Row was getting ready for all the probates. The old heads showed up and tried to step in. Even my dad came up that weekend. The line was nervous as hell as they got ready at the house. We were doing our probate on the yard. We all dressed in blue and black in some form. I wore black pants and a black dress shirt. I added a blue jacket, tie and some blue Armani loafers. The line was all dressed in black pants, blue dress shirt, black suspenders and blue shoes. We only made them do half masks so that when they were reciting the knowledge, the words were clear.

Just as I was making sure that I had everything, Adrian stepped in my room.

"Bae, you about ready to head out?"

I turned and my jaw slowly dropped. My baby never cease to amaze me. He was dressed in a tapered blue suit with a wide collared black shirt and black loafers. He pulled his hair back into a low ponytail.

"Hey bae. Yeah. My stuff is in the truck. Are you riding with me?"

"Of course."

He walked over to me and straightened my tie and made sure I was on point. I grabbed my hat and we walked downstairs. It was crowded as hell with the entire frat there and the old heads.

"Ayo! Listen up! We are about to cross over seven new bruhs. The journey to get here was a long one. I didn't think some of yall would make it. I'm glad you proved me wrong. So let's go out here and do what you were destined to do. After today, you will forever be linked to a brotherhood. Aiight, bow your heads. Court, can you give us a prayer?"

Court gave a blessing to take the nerves away from the line, blessing the frat as a whole and the brotherhood. When he finished, he yelled out "S-I-Pssiiiii!"

"Blue 'til I die!"

We left the house and made our way to the quad. Once we let Concrete know that we were ready, he started playing Sippin on Some Syrup as the line marched their way in. Once they got their line straight, the music cut and I grabbed the mic. I welcomed everyone to our spring probate and then we got started. Elan was the Ace so he led them through greeting the sororities and the current officers. As they did the history and all of the frat info, it hit me that this was it for me at DFU. Once they finished everything, I got the mic back. It was time to unmask them and let them crossover.

I introduced each one of them and once they were unmasked and a SIP jacket placed on them, they each had a theme song so that they could do an SIP stroll. Once I got to the tail, they were almost outta control. When they were all unmasked, we all did a step to Swag Surfin. Even the old heads joined in and I got to step with my Pops. I needed everyone to meet back at the house so that we could have a meeting.

When I made it home, I changed out of my suit because I was about to burn the hell up. By the time, everyone showed up, I was already in some shorts and an SIP jersey. Adrian came out of his room in some jean shorts that had more holes than fabric and SIP t shirt.

"Sisko, you good?"

"Yeah. Just got a lil nostalgic out there. I mean shit in a month, this is all over for me."

He gave me a hug and said, "Bae, you still have grad school. You can still be on campus."

"Yeah I know but I'm not in the house with my brothers. My baby."

"Well we can get an apartment and not have to worry about the noise level. It'll just be the two of us."

"That sounds great, bae. That means we have to get jobs."

"I have a job. I'm sure DeMarcus will hire the band to play."

"Ok so that just leaves me. I just need something that will work around my grad school schedule. I'll start applying for positions this summer."

"While in Italy? How is that going to work for interviews?"

"Well obviously I can't go if I need to get a job, baby boy."

"You are coming with me. I can't do this without you, baby. I have money and I will carry us until you get a job. We're a team, baby."

I smiled and nodded. I can't tell you enough about how much I love this man.

"Good. Now come on so we can do this meeting and maybe go to the club to celebrate."

"Bet. And after that, you're in my bed, right?"

"Always, my love."

We walked downstairs and all of the frat was there. They were still hype from the probate so it took them a lil minute to get it together.

"Brothers, I won't keep you long as I'm sure all of you have plans to celebrate. With me about to graduate within the next month, the frat will need a new president. I've asked you all to vote on who would like to see lead you. This brother deserves this and I am proud to leave you all in his capable hands. In an almost unanimous vote, because he didn't vote for himself, it's my great honor to welcome the next president of Sigma Iota Psi, Big Brother Empire."

Empire's look of surprise was classic as he accepted all of the congratulations.

"Damn. I really wasn't expecting this at all. Thank you for believing in me. I promise to uphold the purpose and the vision of SI Psi. Just like Sisko, there will be an open door policy. Well except when I'm putting in that work. Yall can put that shit in an email and I'll hit ya back! But seriously, thank you for the trust and all that jazz. Keep it SIPpin'!"