CHAPTER FORTY FIVE

Unknown POV

The sounds of medical devices echoed in the room. The occupant's eyes moved rapidly behind closed lids. The nurse checked the patient's vitals. As she did every time she was on schedule, she was amazed that he was even still alive. How he survived being shot twice in the chest with a high caliber rifle was beyond her. While leaning over the patient to make sure that all of the tubes were attached properly, the patient grabbed her wrist and she gasped.

"Mr. Tyson! You're awake!"

As he struggled with the tubes in his throat, she tried to calm him.

"Hold on, let me remove the tube. Don't try to talk. You've been in a coma for five months."

The doctor on the case walked in and checked out Mr. Tyson.

"Well. Nice of you to join us on this side of the living."."

"Where...wha..."

"Well you were involved in an incident a few months back. You were shot and pronounced dead on the scene. However, by some miracle, you were not ready to leave this world. You've been in a coma ever since."

"Where?"

"You're in a private psychiatric facility. You were supposed to be in jail but with your condition..."

"Jail? Why?"

"You kidnapped and assaulted someone. You also were charged with attempted murder because of the bomb."

"Where's my boyfriend?"

"Boyfriend? Only your parents have visited since you've been here."

"Adrian."

The doctor and nurse looked at each other and then back to the patient.

"Da'Quan... as I understand, that was the young man you kidnapped and assaulted."

A look of anger crossed his face upon hearing this.

"Didn't kidnap. Got him away from a predator. Not safe with Trevor."

Again, the nurse looked at the doctor.

"So we're going to get you some testing here shortly. Right now, just rest for a moment. We'll have some fresh water brought in. Glad you're awake."

They walked out of the room and the doctor turned to her.

"Do not go in that room without taking someone with you. I don't trust him. I'm going to alert the authorities that he's awake."

"Do you think he's dangerous?"

"Yeah, I do. His first thought was of the young man he assaulted. And you know what else?"

"Yes?"

I'm just fucking with yall! That nigga dead and he ain't coming back! This is not the soap opera or Friday the 13th!

Thanks for reading! Love ya!