F I F T E E N

"Soo

"Soo.. is anyone excited for this year's sports fest?" Mina jumped around the locker room.

I just glanced at her, and shooked my head with a small smile, though it doesn't show since I'm wearing my mask.

For.. safety. Purposes.

I mean, today there is a big probability that there'll be a curse hanging around, so.. better be prepared.

I tied my shoe lace, and looked at everyone's excited faces. Why they look determined.

"Of course I am! Last year, I didn't make it far, but this year I definitely will!"

"This year I will make them see me! Literally."

"I've trained my ass of for this, of course I'll make it."

"Just hope I won't have to go against Shinso again like Midoriya did last year."

"Yeah, same. I don't think I have enough willpower to get out of it."

I shifted from my bench, tilting my head slightly to the side. "Tuna?"

"Oh what? Shinso-kun?" Uraraka asked me, I nodded answering her question. "Oh, he's this one guy from class C, I mean he used to be in class C, he's in class B now. He has a brainwashing quirk."

I raised an eyebrow. Damn, brainwashing? That would definitely be useful on missions. Like imagine using it to make the curses hand themselves over, that would make my job tons easier.

Mina looked at me and gave me a knowing grin. "Why? You interested? I can set you up if you'd-"

"Okaka." No thanks. I replied curtly, she lifted her shoulders, and dramatically sigh. "Gee, sure."

My ears perked up once my very loud sounding uncle's voice echoed through the building. Guess the festival is starting now.

I grabbed my very special mask, and adjust it to my face, they might be fighting in the festival, but I'd be fighting in the festival, and search for curses in the same time.

Preparations are needed.

"Hey, I think he'll introduce us in a moment, ready to go?"

I let Mina lay her arm around my shoulder, and nodded. "Tuna."

We got together with the boys, and once my uncle introduced us, we all walked in to the arena, and damn they all look confident.

I stood silently as the others entered the arena one by one, my eyes eyed the entire place, looking around trying to not make it seem obvious.

My eyes moved swiftly to the audience, and then caught the sight of the others sitting on their spot. My eyes met with Maki, and she simply smiled, shaking her head as a signal that she doesn't feel any curses nearby, or more specifically near her.

I nodded my head then turned towards every one of my friend's spot, and none of them feel anything around them.

Maybe Mahito is taking his precious time.

I sighed, crossing my arms as I stared at King Vlad as he made an announcement for the first battle.

"The first tournament would be..." I tapped my feet on the groun feeling impatient, all these unnecessary tension, just tell us already.

"Paintball battle."

I raised my eyebrow. Paintball? Why that sounds a little childish.

"Each class would be given a color, and different weapons. The person with less than 3 colors on them will continue to the next round."

My eyes eyed the big box that is placed in front of each class, each box has different colors which I assume is the color for every team.

"You have fourty five minutes to survive, there are no rules. We will give you five minutes to choose your weapon, and hide whereever, your time starts... now."

Everyone rushed to the box, and started taking everything they found interesting, guns, bows and arrows, shotguns, they're all there.

I walked slowly approaching the box, cracking my neck, and knuckles.

Might as well, right?

•••

I ended up with a long-range weapon, alias the bow and arrow. I mean this way I could attack someone from afar, and can hide as much as I want.

Besides, we don't exactly have to attack right? Just survive.

Plus, I've trained myself to use a bow and arrow, this is beneficial for me.

I moved from building to building, at the same time trying to sense any curses around the spot. My head frowned once I sniff a really bad reek, it smells like something Mahito would smell like.

But, it's pretty faint.

So he's been here before? When? Was he unnoticed? Besides don't we have security how can no one noticed?

"Why are you sniffing the ground?"

I jumped, grabbing an arrow filled with paint, and point them to whoever showed up behind me. My eyes sharpened as I see that whoever this is, is not my classmate.

The person laughed, and raised their hands up, eyeing me with a glint of tease.

I kept my stance, noticing the lasso covered in dry but visible paint the boy has on his hips.

"I come in peace, I really do, besides I took the sword because it's the last one available, not that I know how to use it."

I frowned, did I ask?

"I'm Makino, Makino Watanabe. From class E."

Now again, did I ask?

"Aren't you going to tell me yours?" I eyed him weirdly, why do I have to tell him mine?

He shrugged again. "Oh no problem, I get it I'm a stranger and I might hit you with paint, and you have this desire to win, and all."

I couldn't care less about the festival, but whatever. Let him think what he wants to think.

I lowered my bow, feeling a bit tired around my shoulder, and stare at him a bit longer.

"Oh, by the way cool mask, does it affect your quirk?"

This guy's mouth never seems to stop talking.

"Do you normally not talk much, or is it just me?"

Just you.

I stared at him as he continued babbling before a really rough stench hit my senses, it smells absolutely horrible.

I pressed on my nose as the smell becomes more overwhelming, and tried to track its source.

"Hello stranger? You good?"

I stared at this loud person behind me before going back to trying to sniff the direction of the scent. It smells so close.

"Why are you sniffing again? Is that your quirk? Ultra smell?"

Rolling my eyes, I stepped away, my eyes widening as the smell starts to faint. Oh no, not now.

I decided to jump between buildings again, in hope that I can track wherever the smell comes from before it completely disappears, leaving the guy from before behind.

•••