S I X T E E N

I snuck my way around the buildings, feeling the frustration building up as I finally realized that the smell is completely gone

I completely lost him.

He was right there! I know he was, but where? I grabbed my hair, feeling absolutely frustrated before I dropped my shoulders down, this is hopeless.

"What exactly were you looking for?"

I held my bow, and arrow up again, only to frown when I see him again standing right in front of me.

Who else if it wasn't Makino, the annoying one from before.

I visibly rolled my eyes before lowering my weapon. Why is he following me anyway? It's like he's obsessed.

I gave him a look that specifically said 'What do you want?' And I think he gets the idea.

"What? Am I not allowed to team up? Besides following you is fun."

First of all, we're not even in the same class, second of all, isn't that basically stalking?

Creepy asshole.

"Hey gumi, what's the update?" My ears perked on the sudden sound of the invisible ear piece.

I gave the guy behind me a side glance before pretending to fix my hair up, while tapping the device a couple of times to tell them that he's here.

"WHAT?! IS HE CLOSE, ARE YOU ALRI-"

"Hey quiet kid, you might wanna look behind you."

I snapped my head back, and held up my bow and arrow, with the fastest of reflex, I shot the arrow towards wherever I heard the source came from and I could see the paint sack flew to the opposite side of the building.

Swiftly, I grabbed another arrow, this time wet with paint. Barely taking any of my time to aim, I shot it right towards the person who threw the sack to me first, I heard him grunt along with the sound of a body falling.

"Damn it, I almost got another one of you A class." Oh no, this voice.

I stared at the blonde guy as he struggled to get up, putting my bow aside I looked at him with a surprised but not surprised look.

Why is it always you Monoma?

Besides, another A class student? Who did you shot?

"Why are your reflexes so fast for fuck's sake if that was a real arrow I'd be bleeding by now."

Yes, yes you would.

Plus, it'd be hard not to have fast reflexes when all you do is fight multiple disgusting looking monsters in a span of a week.

As Monoma walked away, I completely put aside my bow, holding it beside my body and turned around.

My eyes slightly raising as the guy from before just disappeared. Now where did he went?

You know what? Don't care, not important. What is important is that I have to find that musty old turqoise haired bitch.

I was about to run off to another building until the loud sound of the speakers interrupted my steps.

"THE 45 MINUTES HAVE ENDED, FOR THE SURVIVORS PLEASE GO BACK TO THE ARENA IMMEDIATELY."

Guess that will have to wait.

I have to join the competition if I want to continue searching.

I changed my path, and dashed my way to the Arena, all while getting ready for the gang to ask me multiple questions about the curse later at break.

•••

"OH MY GOSH TSUGUMI ARE YOU OK MY SMOL LITTLE-"

I lifted my hands, stopping Panda from giving me his usual bone-crushing hugs. "Syake." I'm fine.

Me and the others are already gathered in a private room to discuss about that one guy, at least except Itadori, who knows where that guy went.

"So is it true Senpai?" I glanced towards Fushiguro who had his hands crossed. "He's actually here?"

What, do you think I'm lying here? Of course he's here, no other curse smells like they only bathe once in their lifetime like that one king from Europe back in the days.

I nodded my head curtly as I took a bite off my delicious melon bread.

What? I need my energy.

"Do we have to go down as well? I don't think you'll manage to defeat him on your own if he decides to show up."

Well yeah, obviously.

You don't have to. Besides, there will be a lot of question marks from people if you guys just suddenly decides to dive in to the competition without joining the preliminary rounds.

"Yeah, but still. It's dangerous Gumi chan." I gave Maki a pat in the shoulders and shooked my head.

I'll be fine, besides if he decides to actually show up, you guys could just dive in then.

Nobara made a tsk sound, and had this annoyed look on his face. "Why is he even here out of all places? Like Tokyo isn't good enough for him."

I sighed, I myself have no idea. Like him roaming around Tokyo is enough work as it is.

Do you know how many times I have to go back and forth from Masutafu, to Tokyo every single day just to clean up his mess so it doesn't create any unecessary havoc? Let me answer you, a lot.

"Hey Gumi."

I looked towards Maki, raising an eyebrow asking for her to continue.

"Was there anyone suspicious around you when you smelled him?"

I frowned, anyone suspicious? I don't think so-

Wait, Makino? Could it be that he has something to do with him?

But that couldn't be, he was near me the entire time, I would've smelled something when he's near.

But it is a bit odd, I mean Monoma didn't spare him a glance when he tried to eliminate me earlier. I'm also not a social butterfly, but I don't think that I've ever heard the name Makino in the faculty he's in.

Considering his personality and stuff, wouldn't you think he would be at least known by some people.

Could he actually be-

SLAM!

I jolted in my seat, everyone in the room grew cautious and stood up in reflex.

I swear people have got to stop with these elements of surprises, I have had enough surprises in my life, no need to add another.

Nobara frowned when she sees Itadori full of sweat and panic in his eyes.

"Itadori? What's-"

"MAHITO, HE'S- HE'S ON HIS MOVE."

God damn it not again.

•••
Aaaa oh my god I miss you guys ㅠㅠ
I'm so sorry for not updating as nuch as I used to, I just haven't gotten that much Idea as I did before. But hey here I am :D hope you enjoy this chapter!