Twenty-Nine⛓

The next day I wake up from my perfect nap to someone shrieking in utter horror, I dash out of bed and run down the hall to the sound "What's happening?" I asked frantically. I look into the room only to see Elizabeth holding the baby while standing on a chair "That disgusting cat was right next to my baby's crib!" She shrieked. "Haven't you heard cats shouldn't be around babies." She stated.

    The annoyance that radiated off of me could be considered radio active "Elizabeth." I said plainly "It's a fucking cat, he's literally harmless." I said, she rolled her eyes "Whatever just get it out." She said "It's getting hair everywhere and this stuff is expensive. Maybe Kasper should consider relocating it while I'm here." She stated. I quickly grabbed up my cat "You will do no such thing!" I snapped "You're the guest here, not him, remember that." I said coldly. "It's okay, I'll take you away from the crazy lady." I told him.

    She glared at me "Well, it's Kaspers house after all, we'll just have to wait and see what he says." She spat, I was about to rip her a new one when a loud knock came on the front door. I turned to Elizabeth "You expecting someone?" I asked and she shook her head "Maybe it's Kas." She said. "Why would he knock he has a key." I stated. She scuffed "Just go check it out." She said, I rolled my eyes at her and left to check out the noise. I put Rhaegar in my room and went downstairs to the front door to check it out.

         Kasper wasn't home. He was at work so it was just Elizabeth, Winter and I. "Who is it?" I asked as I got on my tippie toes to see through the peephole. It was Daniel "Caroline please open the door. I want to see my daughter, I need to see her!" He all but shouted. I opened the door "First of all, don't ever come to my house and bang down my door like you pay bills here! Second of all, if she wanted to see you she would have spoken to you!" I shouted back.

        Daniel nodded his head and stepped forward, I backed away from him. He noticed my unease and backed away "Caroline, I mean you no harm. I just want to see my child, Elizabeth is lying and it's ruining my life!" He exclaimed. I looked at Daniel long and hard, he looked an utter mess. He had a five o clock shadow, a wrinkled shirt and weathered jeans. The bags under his eyes are a clear sign that he hasn't slept well in days, he's normally so put together but not today. I sighed "Look, that's not my decision to make, I'm sorry I can't help you." I said as I went to close the door. He didn't protest or anything which was odd to me. "Fine I understand. Tell Elizabeth my lawyers will be in touch." He say's and then I hear him walk off.

I went upstairs to Elizabeth's room "Was it him? What did he want?" She asked, "He wants to see Winter, he said to tell you that he'll be speaking with his lawyer." I said. "But it's fine, no court in their right mind would allow him to have her." I reassured her. Elizabeth stood up and clutched Winter tightly in her arms, she had a panicked look in her eyes "He can not have my baby, Caroline. I will not allow it!" She shouted.

        I stepped closer into the room "Elizabeth it's okay, nobody's taking your baby. You know you're both safe here." I said, she caressed Winters head and sat back down "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you. I... I just can't lose her." She exclaimed. I nodded my head "I understand, but you need to relax, just breathe. You're both safe here and Kasper can get you an amazing lawyer." I reassured. Elizabeth took a deep breathe "I know in the past we've never seen eye to eye, but I'm thankful that your helping me." She said, I gave her a small smile "It's all water under the bridge. I'm gonna go call Kasper and tell him Daniel stopped by, if you need anything I'll be in my room." I said and she nodded her head.

Kasper: Hey baby
Me: Hey, I hope I'm not bugging you but Daniel came by today
Kasper: He did? Are you guys alright? I'll be home soon!
Me: No Kasper. It's fine he didn't cause any trouble and he left without complaint.
Kasper: Okay. I'll still be coming home soon
Me: Okay I love you
Kasper: I love you too