Twenty Eight⛓

Caroline's P.O.V

Elizabeth and Winter have been staying her for a few days now, she's spent a lot of time with Kasper. I mean, it's not like I mind or anything, she has been through a lot. But it's starting to feel weird. I can't shake the feeling of something being wrong here. It's not just the fact that she's been on him a lot lately, but she seems to be very attached. I decided not to let it get to me, I'm going out later with Victoria and Salem, I'll run this idea past them and we'll see if I'm being weird. I don't want to come off as a crazy jealous girlfriend, because that's the last thing that I am.

I smelled something cooking and went downstairs to check it out, Elizabeth was in the kitchen, with the baby strapped to her chest. She was making lunch "Looks good, what are you making?" I asked, she turned to me with two plates in her hand as she walked over to the dining room. She placed the plate on the table "It's just something light, just a chicken wrap." She said, I walked into the kitchen to see if there was more left but there wasn't.

She turned to me "Sorry Caroline, I didn't think you'd want any. I only made one for Kasper and I." She said as she took a bite, for some reason this rubbed me the wrong way. I rolled my eyes "It's whatever." I said plainly, Kasper looked over to me "If you're hungry, you can have mine. I'm not really in the mood to eat anyway." He said. I smiled "No thank you sir, I'll just pick something up outside." I said, Elizabeth looked a little hurt "But it's your favorite." She said "Yea but I'm not really in the mood to eat." He said.

      I couldn't help but feel smug that he didn't want to eat her food, and she was wrong, his favorite food is whatever I'm cooking. I gave Kasper a kiss on the lips "I'll be back soon." I said "Okay, text me when you get there." He said. I nodded my head and then I was on my way. Honestly I was happy to get out of the house for a while, Elizabeth was really starting to get to me.

     For the past week it's been snarky comments and subtle jabs at me, I've been trying to brush it off, but if she keeps it up I won't last much longer. I don't want to be that bitch but I also don't want to be unhappy in my own home.

I arrived at the restaurant that we were set to meet up at, La Luna is our favorite restaurant, we always go on our girls day out. I walked into the restaurant and was seated at our table "You look stressed hon, you need a drink." Victoria said, I groaned "You don't know the half of it." I said. The waiter came by and I ordered myself a glass of wine,
"Is the baby keeping you up?" Salem asked. I shook my head "No, she's actually a better guest than her mother." I said "She's literally awful but apparently we're the only people she can turn to." I said. "She doesn't have any other friends?" "Nope and just from spending a week with her I could tell why." I said and they laughed.

I sighed "I've been feeling like shit lately, there's just something off about her." I said "Well she is a cunt but what else is new." Victoria said, I laughed "I don't know what it is but I think she's not telling the full truth." I said. A concerned look grew on their faces "That's really big." "I know, I know. It's been killing me for feeling this way." I said. "I feel terrible about it, what she went through was horrible, I don't know who's lie about this." I said. Salem placed her hand on mine "Girl, it's normal to be curious about her, given her past offenses." She says "I'm not telling you go on a witch hunt or anything, but some speculations are healthy." She reassured.

I take another sip "I get that, but I don't want to feel this way, it's like why would she lie?" I asked "Maybe she wants your man." Victoria said. I looked over to her "Nah, she's a married woman. She's low but I don't think she's that low." I stated, Victoria shrugged "You never know." She said "She's been overtly crazy over him since the day you met her." She said.