Twelve⛓

Caroline's P.O.V

I whipped the stray tears off of my check "She lives in Port Chester New York, not very far from here." he exclaimed, I could hardly contain the happiness I was feeling. She was alive and well and more beautiful than the day I met her, I smiled "When can I see her?" I asked "Well we can call her whenever you'd like a schedule something." he said.

I got yo and wrapped my arms around him "I love you so much, thank you for finding her." I said, he looked me in the eyes and smiled "That smile you have on your face right now, I would do anything to see that everyday." He said and I blushed.

"Can we call her now?" I asked "No not now but in the morning, and hopefully you can arrange a meeting to go see her." he said, I smiled I nodded my head "Okay Sir." I said.

......

The next day I woke up quickly and instantly reached for my phone and the paper with her number on it, I dialed the number and my hand started to shake with anticipation. I bite my lip nervously as I put the phone to my ear awaiting an answer.

Someone finally picked up the phone "Hello?" A soft voice said, a tear strolled down my face "Hello?" She said again "I'm sorry and I don't mean to startle you but, I'm your sister." I said. The line was quiet for a while "Is this a prank? Please tell me this isn't someone's idea of a sick joke." She asked. "No, my names Caroline, we were separated. I'm your sister." I said. There was a scream on her line of the phone "ITS HER ITS HER, WES ITS HER, SHES CALLING ME." she screamed, I started to smile "I'm sorry I've just been trying to find you for so long, when can I meet you?" She asked eagerly.

Kasper walked into the room and mumbled today "Is today good?" I asked "Yes it is, can you come over right now?" She asked, I turned to Kasper and he shrugged signaling yes. I smiled "Yes I'll be there in an hour." I said.

We said our goodbyes and then we hung up the phone, I was so exited "Go get ready, we leave at 3pm." he said, "Yes Sir." I said and I went into the bathroom. I used the bathroom, brushed my teeth, and took a nice hot shower.

When I was finished I put on a pair of Victoria Secret Pink Black leggings and a black long sleeve V neck shirt. I paired my outfit with slides and some black sneakers, I put my hair in a bun and a light amount of makeup.

Kasper was wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt, it was so simple but he looked delicious, he noticed me starring at him and he smirked. He pulled me into his arms and kissed my neck making me giggle "Keep looking at me like that and we may never leave." he said, he gave me a kiss "Yes Sir." I said biting my lip. He looked me up and down hungrily "I'll deal with you later." he said, as we were walking out of the room he slapped my ass and I turned to him and winked.

We drove to Penelope's house and I was shaking the whole time, I could hardly believe that after so long I would finally get to see her.

We pulled up to her house and it was beautiful, she's been living a good life and I couldn't be more happy for her. We parked the car and walked up to her house and my heart beat quickened, Kasper took my hand as we knocked on the door.

We heard foot steps and then the door started to open, as the door opened I saw her, I saw Penelope standing in front of me. She had a huge smile on her face and she wrapped her arms around me causing me to stumble back a bit, I released my hand from around Kasper's and I hugged her tightly. I started to cry, I couldn't believe I was holding her, I couldn't believe that I was actually seeing my little sister.

She pulled away and I looked at her, she looked so much like our mother that it was heart breaking "You have her smile." I muttered, she sniffled and gave me a smile "Come in Please, there's so much I have to ask you." She said. She took my hand and lead Kasper and I into the house, the house was stunning and the decor was so tasteful.

She was leading me to the living room when I saw 3 men in the kitchen, she turned to me "This is my adopted father Leon, his best friend Wes, and Wes younger brother Eden." she said. I smiled at them and shook their hand "Nice meeting you all, I'm Caroline and this is my boyfriend Kasper Hathaway." I said, Kasper smiled at them "Oh shit your the Kasper Hathaway, I have a meeting scheduled with you for Monday." Leon said.

       Kasper smiled "Shit well I guess we could just talk now." "Girls you two can go into Penelope's room." Wes said, Penelope nodded her head and took my hand took me to the stairs and to her room. Her room was huge and pink with stuffed animals filling it to the brim, she sat on the bed and patted the seat beside hers and I sat with her and she took my hand "How've you been, you look well." I said.

She gave a weak smile "I mean I'm doing good now, I bounced around from foster home to foster home till Leon adopted me about a year ago. It was hard, I struggled a little, but if it wasn't for Leon I wouldn't have such good life now." she said. I felt bad that after all I did to try and save her she still struggled for so long, I sighed "I'm sorry I tried." I said as a tear strolled down my face.

She placed a hand on mine and looked up at me "What do you mean, this isn't your fault I was put up for adoption because mom took us away from dad and she died right?" She said, I took a deep breath and shook my head "No that's not that happened, that probably would have been better than the real story." I said.

I took a deep breath "Our Father was a sick man who got pleasure from touching his own kids, our mother tried her best but he got the best of her. I tried to save you by running away, but we got separated." I said, she looked very shocked and sad by my statement "What.....what do you mean, I just spoke to our father and we're supposed to meet tomorrow." she said.

My eyes widened "No you can't, you don't understand I was homeless for years because I had no family and rather turn to the streets than be with a monster like him." I said in tears, I got up and lifted my shirt and showed her my back "This scar was from not going to him fast enough after he called for me, I was six years old." I said.

She looked at me with eyes full of sorrow "He sold everything our mother owned and left us poor, hungry, and broken. That necklace around your neck and mine was the last thing our mother gave us, and the only thing our father never got the chance to sell." I said.

      She clutched the necklace that clung to her neck "He told me it stood for my middle name." she said, I shook my head "It stands for Caroline, my name, and you see this." I said pulling my necklace out "It stands for Penelope." I said.

    Her eyes were filled with sorrow as she looked up at me "I'm so sorry I had no idea, when I spoke with him last night he told me all these things and I had no idea he was lying." she said, I sat down beside her and sighed "He has a warrant out for his arrest, he's a very skilled liar, trying to get away from him is like the Baudelaire children trying to get away from Count Olaf. He always finds a way." I said.

   She placed her head on my shoulder "Despite it all, I'm just glad we're both okay and we made it out. You and I are both alive and well and that's all that matters." I said, she gave a small smile "Yea, I finally have my sister again." she said and I smiled.

       Eden came in and knocked on the door "Dinners ready girls." he said and Penelope shot up "Coming babe." she said, he nodded his head and walked back downstairs. I turned to her and smirked "So babe?" I said and I lightly shoved her.

       She blushed "It's okay, I get it, Kasper's the Boss in my house too." I said and she laughed "Come on let's go get dinner before he comes back." she said, she took my hand and we went down to dinner.

      For dinner we had baked macaroni and cheese with chicken and asparagus. It tasted really good, we had a very nice conversation. It felt like we haven't been a part for year, it almost felt... normal.

       Penelope was going to do the dishes so I offered to help her so we could talk some more, we were finishing up when there was a knock at the door. Penelope went to get it but I stopped her "I'll do it." I said and she thanked me.

      I dried my hands and walked over to the front door, I opened the door and the air instantly left my lungs. "I finally have both my girls back." he said.

Sorry for the slow update I'm trying I've been going through it bare with me loves, anyway don't forget to comment and vote

Kisses💋⛓