Chapter 27: Fairytales Never Last

Brandy

Last night... felt like a dream.

Actually, I'm glad it wasn't really a dream. It just felt too great to be real, that's all. I'm not used to nights like that, where everything seems so perfect.

As soon as I wake up, somehow I'm already thinking about last night. I'm thinking about eating sandwiches on the swings, teaching Benji skating tricks, playing 21 questions at the frat house, and his head between my thighs at the apartment.

What a wonderful night, I still can't believe it happened.

I roll out of bed and start getting ready for the day. When I leave my room, I search the apartment for Benji—although it appears he's still sleeping. I can't blame him, it's only eight o'clock.

We have class together today at ten, which means he can't sleep in forever. I pour both of us a cup of hot coffee and slowly open his door, only to find him sleeping like an angel.

A smile forms on my face as I watch him sleep. He looks so peaceful, I don't want to wake him. I close the door and decide to let him sleep in more. I desperately want to jump on his bed and cuddle up with him, but I know he needs his sleep. 

I decide to enjoy my cup of coffee out on the deck. I breathe in the fresh air as I look out into the city. I don't think I've noticed how beautiful New York truly is. I've spent my whole life here, it's always just been home. I often forget I live in one of the best cities in the whole world.

My phone starts ringing and check the caller ID before picking up. It's Anthony. I almost forgot who that is. I had a short encounter with him in Becca Dante's class and we exchanged phone numbers.

"Hello?" I say into the phone.

"Hey, bitch! It's Anthony." He says happily. "I met you in Becca's class? That nightmare of a woman." He laughs.

I laugh back. "Yes, I remember. What's up?"

"Do you want a grab a coffee together, study for our midterms?" He offers.

"Of course!" I smile. "When were you thinking?"

"How's today? I need to get my ass to work right the hell now."

I chuckle. "I-I think today will work." I say as I watch Benji come out of his bedroom and into the kitchen. "If not, I'll let you know."

"Okay, girl, see you soon!" I hang up.

I slide open the door and Benji and I exchange genuine smiles. "Is this for me?" He asks, pointing to his cup of coffee.

I nod. "Hi," I say, amazed by how perfect he looks when he first wakes up. "Uh, yes. I made it for you."

"Thank you, B," he says as he kisses my forehead. "You're an angel."

"I missed you." I say annoyingly. I know I literally saw him last night.

"I'm right here." He smiles, pulling me into a hug. "And we can spend the whole day together."

"I think I'm gonna study with a classmate. His name is Anthony," I inform him. "He's in our business class with Becca."

"Anthony?" He asks. "Should I be worried?"

Laughing, I shake my head. "I don't think you need to worry about that. Let's sit down." I say.

"What are your plans after class?" I ask him.

His beautiful smile fades away.

"Oh." I say. I'm sure his plans must be with Natalie.