Chapter 75: Stargirl

If you are here, you have made it to the final chapter of Starboy! Thank you for sticking by me and reading my story, I hope you love the ending. I'm sending a virtual hug to the wonderful people who have voted, commented, reached out to me and have just spent time reading this book. This one is for you.
Let's go!

Brandy

A piece of the world seems like it's missing. This is similar to how I felt when my mom passed away. Clearly, this situation is entirely different, but that feeling of loss is always the same. And even though she's a phone call away, Hellen is still ten thousand miles away from me.

It's hard to just snap my fingers and pretend like my whole world isn't changing, but I'm trying really hard to learn how to deal with it. After all, what's a little more change, right? This whole year has been nothing but change.

Benji and I sit next to each other on the couch and start thinking about the check his mom gave him a few days ago. He hasn't spent so little as a dime from that check because he doesn't know what to do with it. For the very first time in our lives, he has this insane amount of money that he was never taught how to spend wisely.

"I think we should save it all. I'm not going to let anything out of that account," he decides.

"Benji, stop saying 'we'... there is no we in this. This is your money, and you need to decide on your own what to do with it. Spend it, save it, it's really up to you," I tell him.

"We need the money for rent. Doesn't that concern you? B, you are a part of my life and I need you to help me with this. I'm totally blanking on what to do."

"Your mom did say she was going to send you more but I don't think you should have the mindset that since there's more money, you should spend it all in one day."

"I never said I would do that," he says. "This is crazy. We're nineteen, we shouldn't be worrying about things like this. Do you ever feel like we're growing up too fast? From moving out together and all the shit we've been through this past year... I don't even want the money. It's too much of a responsibility."

"Keep it in your account," I reach for his hand. "You don't have to decide this right now."

"We," he corrects me.

"No, not we. You."

"I said what I said, B. I want you to be completely involved in my life, from the little things to the bigger things. Please."

I nod. "If that's something you want, of course, I will. We," I finally say.

He smiles and squeezes my hand. "Come on," he says, gesturing his head toward the door.

"Where are we going?"

"Just come on," he smiles. "I want to take you somewhere."

We walk around the city for a bit and I am more than curious where he is taking me. With Benji, I really never know. He is so unpredictable and spontaneous, he does whatever he wants to whenever he wants to.

"Where are we going?" I ask for the millionth time. He doesn't answer so I stop him and look at him until he says something. "Benji, where are we going?"