Johnny Cade (4)

A/N - This is a requested imagine <3 warning: mentions of abuse

---

I stepped out into the bleak world, not wanting to see anyone. It was a grey, cloudy day but I hid behind dark sunglasses. I got a few stares from people as I walked down the street but I was too upset to care, nothing mattered anymore. When I reached the lot, I flopped down and hugged my knees, tears spilling. I wasn't sure how much longer I could deal listening to my parents argue, let alone my father taking his anger out on me.

Shortly after, my boyfriend showed up. "Hey baby" Johnny's melodic voice called out and I looked up. We were fairly new in the relationship but I was happiest with him. "Hey" I replied with a sniffle. Johnny sat down beside me, his arms immediately wrapped around me. "What's wrong?" He asked, his eyebrows plunged into a look of concern. "Nothing nothing" I brushed it off, I was too ashamed to admit my problems.

Johnny didn't give up and pulled my sunglasses away from my face to be met with the fresh black eye. "Who did that?!" He cried out, cupping my face. "Dad said he didn't mean to" my lip trembled. I saw anger flash in his eyes for a second before they turned soft again and he scooped me closer, leaving little kisses across my cheeks and jawline. "I'm so sorry Y/n. You don't deserve that" he said, holding me tightly. 

I sobbed into his arms for a while before settling down, he wiped the tears away with the sleeve of his jean jacket. "You know...My parents don't give a toss about me. I just want somewhere to belong" he confessed. "Really?" I asked a little surprised. I hadn't heard much about Johnny's family and assumed he came from a nice home. We laid together as he started to tell me a bit about his childhood and my heart broke.

"You don't deserve that! I wish I could save you" I said, feeling guilty. "You did save me, meeting you was the best day of my life!" He insisted, moving my face up. "You mean it baby? I asked quietly and he nodded. It didn't take a second for our lips to crash together, engaging into a fiery, passionate kiss. "I'll protect you as long as I live, that's a promise" he mumbled against my lips. I smiled. "I could say the same thing baby."