New Year's Eve

'Cheers to another year passed and I'm still single' I thought to myself as I sipped on a glass of wine. Everyone at the party was with somebody, either talking, dancing or even making out. It made me feel even more lonely, why did I think this was a good idea?

"Ten minutes to go!" The host called out, catching people's attention. In just ten minutes it would be 1984 but yet I wasn't feeling my best. To make matters worse, I noticed the one person I was trying to avoid.

Ralph Macchio.

"Great..." I mumbled as he approached me with that cheeky grin of his. "Hey Y/n" he greeted. "Macchio," I said monotonously. "Fancy seeing you here" he chatted away with a wink. "If I knew you were coming I would've stayed at home" I replied harshly before pushing past his shoulder and walking away.

I moved to the other side of the large apartment and stood by the ice sculpture. A few minutes later, I clicked my tongue when I realized he had followed me. "What do you want Ralph?" I asked bluntly. "I wanna know why you're being mean to me" he crossed his arms. "Pfft, as if you don't know" I snapped and tried to walk away again.

Ralph grabbed onto my arm firmly and held me still. "What is the matter-"

"I'll tell you what! You were too busy focusing on other things to realise that I wanted you. When we shared our first kiss...It was phenomenal. But then you embarrassed me when you never called me back!" I ranted.

The other guests looked at us oddly since we were causing a scene but I was too overwhelmed to care. "I was busy with work! I had the intentions to call you back I swear!" He protested. "Save it, Ralph, I'm done" I sighed and snatched my arm back before walking away.

I was near the door when I heard him call out.

"I love the way you look at me with that cute frown when you're mad."

I turned around slowly, pulling the same face. 

"What?"

"I love that it takes you half an hour just to order a sandwich in a cafe" he continued.

I was surprised, maybe even confused. Why did he remember those little things about me?

"I love that after I spend time with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I wanna talk to before I go to bed and the first person I wanna see in the morning-"

I could sense he was getting passionate. I swallowed nervously, I wanted to believe him, I really did. I didn't let him see my vulnerable side just yet, I kept my walls up just in case that was all but he carried on.

"-And it's not because I'm lonely on New Year's Eve, I came here tonight to tell you how I feel because when you realise you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody you want it to happen as soon as possible!" Ralph exploded with all his emotion.

I felt myself smiling for a second before tears started falling. 

"You see, that is just like you Ralph! You say these wonderful things and make me feel special and then you make it even more impossible for me to hate you! I hate you, Ralph" I cried out.

The tears slid down my cheeks and his face softened before he advanced towards me.

"Count down everybody- 10!" The host announced.

"You really hate me?" Ralph whispered, wiping my face with his sleeve.

"9!"

I sniffled, of course, I didn't hate him.

"8!"

I shook my head. "I thought I could hate you."

"7!"

He cupped my face with his gentle hands, his eyes gazed into mine.

"6!"

"I nearly lost you Y/n, I ain't gonna do that again" his voice was like velvet.

"5!"

"You mean it, Ralph?" I asked quietly.

"4!"

Ralph nodded his head eagerly.

"3!"

"I love you, Y/n" he smiled.

"2!"

"I love you too, Ralph" I smiled tearfully.

"1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

Ralph kissed me. He kissed me with so much urge, our bodies pressed together. In a room full of people, it felt like it was only us in the world.

"It's us forever now baby."

"Just me and you."