camping

A/N - Yesterday I collapsed and was admitted to the hospital so I won't be able to update for a while, I'm sorry. I didn't want to take a break but after speaking to a friend about it, I hope you guys understand that I have to put my mental health first even though I'd love to keep publishing chapters because I don't want to you let you guys down, I know many people enjoy this book. I don't know when I'll be back but hopefully, it'll be soon, ily and stay safe ♡

This is a draft from a week ago that I've edited, enjoy your first camping trip with Ralph! 

---

"Are you sure you're reading it correctly?" 

"Yes Ralph, I know how to read a map" I roll my eyes dramatically. 

We've been driving for about nearly 2 hours now and we still haven't reached the campsite.

Ralph glances over from the steering wheel and sighs.

"Y/n the map is upside down"

"Oops-" I giggle, turning it the right side up. "I knew that."

He chuckles and I finally give him the right directions as he drives down the dirt path. It doesn't take long until we reach the campsite, the lake glows in the evening light.

We climb out and start unpacking, I hand Ralph everything he needs. "Do you need help?" I ask.

"No no, I can put up a small tent," he says cockily and I take his word.

Catching a seat on the nearby log, I watch as he begins to set up. He hums a little tune and I smile, he really is the jack of all trades.

Once it's done, he dusts his hands off and steps back admiring his work. "Not bad if I do say so myself" he smirks.

"Oooh you handyman" I grin and he comes close to me, lifting my chin up gently before he kisses me. I feel his hands wrap around my waist as I rest mine on his chest.

Before it turns into a makeout session, he mumbles against my lips "Marshmallows?"

"Mmm" I reply, his lips eventually detach from mine.

Using the sticks and flint we bought with us, we start a large enough fire to keep us warm as the night approaches. Then, we slide some marshmallows onto our sticks and begin to toast.

"I'm so glad I get to have this time with you baby. I'm sorry I've been so busy with work" he chats as we listen to the crackling of the fire.

"Don't be sorry baby, I'm really proud of you" I reply.

"You mean it?" He smiles.

"Of course I do" I move closer to him, leaning my head on his shoulder.

Ralph rests his free hand on my thigh. "I love you, baby."

"I love you too," I say with a kiss to his warm, blushing cheek before spending the rest of the night by the fire, talking into the late hours underneath the stars.