Chris (3)

A/N - Your best friend Chris comes out as bisexual to you (Chris is bisexual in the movie: Naked in New York - 1993)

---

"I reallyyy have to tell you something," Chris says as he sits me down on the couch. "What is it?" I ask curiously. By his deadpan expression, I'm not too sure what to expect. Chris goes to tell me but then grabs a bottle of brandy from the table. "Wanna share?" A small grin etches on his face. "No way, you know how I get when I drink," I answer but he pours me a drink anyway.

"Cheers to us, best friends in New York City," we clink our glasses together. Unbeknownst to him, I've had feelings for Chris for a while. I mean how could I not? He's the epitome of perfect. "Okay so seriously, what did you want to tell me?" I squeeze his hand. Chris takes a sip of his liquor thoughtfully, almost as if he's debating something.

"You'll always be by my side, won't you Y/n?" He questions. 

"Don't be silly, you know I will,"

"...Even if I'm different?"

"Different?"

He falls silent. I rack my brain trying to figure out where he's going with this but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't lost. "Different how? Do you mean being shorter than Jake?" I joke and Chris rolls his eyes. "Shush. No, I mean like...Different in a way that society might not agree with" he says.

"Uh...I don't get it"

He clicks his tongue and sinks back into the seat slightly. "Let me put it this way, have you ever noticed the way I might look at guys sometimes?"

I rack my brain again before shaking my head confused as ever.

"Chris I don't understand what you're trying to tell me" I giggle but he frowns. I shake his arm a little. "Cmon tell meee" I plead cheerfully and he places his glass down frustratedly. 

"Goddammit, Y/n! I think I'm bisexual okay?!" He jumps up from his seat.

I sit there stunned but not in a bad way, just surprised. Chris averts his gaze from my eyes, his hands merely trembling. "Look, I don't know what the fuck I am. The way I look at girls, I look at guys. Gender shouldn't matter, it's the heart that does! I mean it's the fucking 90's after all," he unleashes his built-up emotions as I stay silent.

It slowly starts to make sense. Chris has made sly comments before that I've picked up on but I brushed it off even though it stuck with me. "I'm sorry for embarrassing you. I can call you a taxi if you want" he turns his back to me. I place my glass down too and force him to face me. "You can't get rid of me that easy," I tell him. 

He studies me cautiously but I didn't stutter so I rise somewhat to his level.

"Look, if we're being honest I don't care what you are. You're my best friend and we shouldn't keep secrets from each other..." My voice trailed off "But I might've been keeping one from you."

"Are you pregnant?" He gives me a cheeky wink and I hit his arm playfully.

"Shut up! I'm not pregnant but what if I had feelings for my best friend who might not be interested in me huh? What am I supposed to do? I don't want anyone else" I blurt out.

Nice one Y/n.

Gently, Chris lifts my chin up with his finger. "Are you saying you want me hmm?"

"I hate that you're the smarter one of us," I huff but Chris just laughs. "If you told me sooner, we could've gone on a date to that play I've been telling ya about."

We stand in silence for a few minutes taking everything in. My brain feels overloaded with information but nonetheless, I feel lighter now that I've told him. Before I can even process it, he kisses me. With his hands on my cheeks and mine on his waist, it starts to become a makeout session but we pull apart before it can go any further.

"I think you're amazing. I really do, but how do we do this without ruining our friendship?" He says softly.

"I don't know," I sigh quietly, sinking to the couch again. He joins me and pulls me into his lap holding me protectively. "Let's take it slow, just me and you. I might not have figured out who I am exactly but I do know I want you by my side, always and forever," he whispers in my ear.

I run my hands through his feathery hair, a smile on my face.

"You mean it, Chris?"

He nods and plants a kiss on my forehead.

"Just me and you Y/n."