Your First

*Violet's POV*

The next morning, I wake up very warm and when I breathe in a familiar smell, I remember where I am. I open my eyes and realize I'm connected to Jace's side with my arms and legs wrapped around him.

I bring one hand up to rub my eyes and Jace stirs a little. As I begin to untangle my limbs, his arms wrap around me holding me into him.

"Morning," he says sleepily.

"Good morning. How did you sleep?"

"Excellent with you here. Although it was quite warm. You were like a lil koala all night," he says and then kisses the top of my head. I giggle and say, "You know you loved it."

"I know I love you," he replies back.

I tilt my head up and say, "I love you too."

"Are you hungry? We could go make breakfast."

"I could eat. Can I shower first though?"

"Only if I can join you," he says with a wink.

"Deal," I reply and then we grab a pair of jean shorts and a t-shirt along with the rest of my shower supplies and head to the bathroom.

Once we get downstairs, I follow Jace into the kitchen and there are a couple guys seated at the large dining table. One of them is drinking a beer and the other has a red cup with God knows what in it. I vaguely recognize them from last year's visit.

"Hey guys, this is Violet, my girlfriend, Vi, that's Colin with the beer and that's Robbie" Jace introduces me.

I wave and say, "Hi."

"Hey. I think we met last year and Jace talks about you all the time. You go to Harvard now, right?"

"Yeah I do."

"So my question is, if you're smart enough to get into Harvard, how did you end up with Jace?" I laugh and he comes to stand behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and says, "She couldn't resist my charm and good looks."

"Sure, baby, whatever makes you feel good," I say, patting his hand and turning my head to look up at him. "Wow, rude," he says and then kisses my cheek.

"Alright, let's start coffee," I tell him and he releases me and starts getting out the grinds and putting them in the machine.

"So do you guys have real food here or does that beer count as breakfast?"

"Usually beer does count as breakfast around here but I bought some groceries yesterday for you," Jace says.

I look at him suspiciously and say, "You bought them for me? Or is it because you really just want me to cook for you?"

"Both? Your cooking is just so good and I love it so much" He says with a cheesy smile. I roll my eyes and say, "Alright alright no need to suck up. I'll cook. What do you want?"

"Chocolate chip pancakes?" He says with a smile. I laugh and say, "Of course you would pick that." I start going through the cupboards and getting out all the things to make the batter. I take out a giant bowl and mix all the ingredients together before tossing in a bunch of chocolate chips. Jace looks at the bowl and says, "Woah, how many do you think I'm gonna eat?"

"They're not just for us. Other people live here too."

"Oh yeah, but I don't expect you to make food for them," He says.

"I know you don't, but I'm going to."

"You're way too nice for your own good," he says hugging me from behind as I start spooning batter into pans. I have to use multiple so it won't take me all day. As I'm cooking, more people start to come downstairs to see what's going on. I guess they really never do eat breakfast. Jace introduces me to each one as they come in and I don't really remember their names. They all kind of blur together.