Compose Myself

*Kane's POV*

As we sit in the civic, I can't believe I let her talk me into this. I am apparently wholly incapable of saying no to this girl.

When we reach the gym, there are a few cars out front so it's probably pretty busy. When we begin walking, my gaze flickers down to the tight leggings she has on and I consider making her go back to her room and change into something less appealing.

I don't suggest it though, remembering how mad she was when Jace freaked out about the outfit she wore to that club. When we walk through the doors, several heads turn our way and I make sure to glare at anyone whose eyes linger a little too long, silently telling them to back off. Thankfully, in the short time I've been going here, I've developed a reputation so they all avert their gazes quickly. I look down to find Violet looking around the gym at the equipment, completely oblivious to all of the attention.

I lead her over to the ring where Striker is attempting to train some new guy who doesn't seem able to defend more than one move in a row. When he sees me and Violet, he pauses the session and jumps down from the ring.

He glances at Violet and then back at me with an amused expression on his face. He looks back at her and says, "Hey Violet, right? Striker, nice to see you again," He says, sticking out his hand.

I see her cheeks redden a bit as she takes it and says, "Um, yeah, sorry about that. And thank you, I guess."

"Don't worry about it. You here to watch Kane?"

"Um, no, I'm here to learn," She tells him and his eyebrows raise as he looks back at me.

"Oh, that's cool. So you're going to join the classes then?"

"No, she's not. I'm teaching her myself. Just here for the equipment," My jaw clenches at the thought of anyone else touching her. I also don't trust any of these people not to hurt her.

Striker gives me another look and then says, "Alright man, I was just asking."

"Rex here?" I ask.

"Yeah, he's in his office." I nod and then lead Violet towards the back. I knock on the door and then open it when I hear him yell "Come in" from the other side of it.

"Kane, hey. Oh, you brought your friend. Violet was it?" she nods and says, "Yes, um, I'm looking to sign up here," she tells him. I look over at her and say, "No you're not, we're just going to use the equipment. I'll be teaching her."

"Fine by me, use whatever you want Kane," Rex says.

"What? No, I wanna pay to use the gym. I'm not going to just piggy-back off of you Kane," She tells me, looking up at me through her eyelashes. The second my eyes meet hers, I lose all will to argue with her.

I huff and say, "Fine," I look back over to Rex who is giving me a smile and handing a form to Violet. She takes a seat on the chair off to the side and begins filling it in. Once she's done, she pays him in cash for her membership fee.

Rex walks us out after and shows her to the girl's change room / washroom so she can put her things in a locker. She heads inside and Rex turns to me with an amused look on his face and says, "So-"

"Don't say it, Rex," I say, giving him a warning glare. I don't need him to tell me she's got me wrapped around her finger. I'm already painfully aware of it.

When she comes back out, Rex says, "Well, welcome and enjoy. You're in good hands with Kane here."

"I know," she replies softly, giving him a small smile and then looking back at me. The corners of my mouth start to turn up a bit at her words. I don't know how she manages to make me feel so good with just two words, but she does.