Mayor of Crazy Town

*Violet's POV*

When I hear the sounds of my alarm I groan and bury my face further into Kane's chest to get away from the sound. Kane. Everything that happened yesterday suddenly comes flooding back. I feel the bed shift and the alarm shut off.

"Good Morning darling. How are you feeling?"

"Like I got run over by a dump truck, which is surprisingly better than I felt yesterday," I tell him, covering my face with my hands.

"Maybe you should just stay in bed for the day," He says, voice full of concern.

"I can't miss another day," I say, still making no move to actually get up.

"Why not? It's not like it's the end of the world to miss your class. The profs all have the slides and assignments online right?"

"Yeah, but I feel like such a bum."

"Violet you've been so sick. I think it's okay to take time to recover."

"Are you just saying that so you'll have an excuse to skip too?" I ask, looking up at him.

"I don't need an excuse darling."

"I like it when you call me that," I whisper and then bite my lip.

"What? Darling?" He asks, a smile playing at the corners of his mouth.

"Yeah. It sounds super sexy in your accent," I tell him.

"My accent?! I'm not the one with the accent here," he says, pretending to be offended.

"Alright, let's argue about this some other time. If I'm not going to class, at least let me sleep."

We sleep for a little while longer and when I finally wake up I have no idea what time of day it is, but I do feel a lot better, if anything, I feel a little hungry. I stretch and open my eyes and find Kane lying on his side watching me.

"What time is it?" I say groggily.

"About noon. Are you hungry?"

"Kind of. But I'm a little afraid to eat if I'm being honest. Last time I did, it didn't end so well," I say jokingly. I see Kane's eyes fill with concern and I ask, "What? What's that look about?"

"I-I just-nevermind, it's stupid."

"No, it's not. If it worries you it's not stupid."

He hesitates and then says, "When you just said you were afraid to eat, it scared me."

"It's not about that Kane, I promise," I say and then place a hand on his cheek. "I really am just worried that if I eat anything, I'll spend the rest of the day hanging over a toilet."

"I understand, I just worry still. Come on, how about I make you breakfast?"

"I think 'making breakfast' might be a bit overkill. How about I start with some toast and see how that goes first?" I tell him. We get up and I pull my jeans on, not remembering taking them off in the first place.

We head downstairs for food and I chew the first few bites slowly, attempting to gage how well my stomach is handling it before I do anything drastic. It seems to go pretty well and I manage two slices of toast and two glasses of water. I feel marginally more human when we head back up to Kane's room.

I strip off my jeans and sit on his bed in my underwear and t-shirt and say, "So, now seems like a good time for me to improve my Halo skills." He grins and then we spend a couple hours playing and I suck way less this time.

While we're waiting for the next round to load, my phone starts vibrating and Lucas' number pops up. I smile and then answer it, "Hey Lucas!"

"Hi bitch! How are you? Long time no talk!"

"What do you mean? We text like every day."

"Yeah, but I haven't heard your voice in forever. Anyway, that's not important. My birthday is next weekend and you HAVE to come. Seriously. It's not optional."

"Lucas, I dunno, I have a lot going on here and-"

"Babe, what part of 'not optional' do you not understand? My mother is giving me the run of the house to throw a party and I cannot handle all of these fake bitches without you!"

"Okay, fine! I'll be there!"

"Yas! I'll text you the details! Love ya!"

I hang up and look at Kane and there's a strange expression on his face.

"I don't want you to go," he says sternly.

"I have to. He's my friend, it's his birthday and I just said I would. I'm not arguing with you about this. It's not up to you."

He runs his hands through his hair and then says, "Fine, but I'm coming with you."

"You don't have to. I don't expect you to endure your father for me."

"Well there's no way in hell I'm letting you spend a night at his house without me there. That would never happen in a million years," he tells me.

"Okay, so I guess we're both going to Manhattan next weekend," I tell him.

"For the record, I don't like this at all."

"Well while we're on the record, I don't like you fighting people in a cage underneath a strip club," I blurt out.

"Are you really bringing that up right now? I thought we figured that out last night."

"We didn't really. And if not now, when? I don't like you fighting there Kane. I'm scared for you."

"You don't have to be darling. I promise I'll be okay. I'm not going to get hurt."

"But, you already did get hurt. When you came to get me at Jace's, you had stitches in your face. That was from fighting, wasn't it?"

"It was. But it was fine. There's hardly even a scar. This is really not open for discussion Violet."

I run my fingers through my hair. I know I can't force him to stop. I huff and say, "I know. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought it up. I don't wanna fight with you."

"I don't want to fight with you either," He tells me. I move over to climb onto his lap and snuggle into his chest.

This whole situation just keeps getting more and more messed up, but I can't bring myself to even contemplate the thought of not being with him.

I really am the mayor of crazy town.