24

Your POV:

Billie and I are sitting in my backyard. Lounging on a loveseat underneath the gazebo. Drinking wine and talking with my aunts,  cousins, my bsf, my grandmother and my mom. Billie is sitting right next to me. The two of us exchanging small loving looks or touches here and there. I sit and admire the way Billies jawline looks as she's so enthralled in a conversation. I unapologetically let my eyes roam her bone structure.

Billie turns and catches me checking her out. I place my head in my hand as I keep our eye contact. Billie smiles and bites her lip before taking a sip of her wine. An almost inaudible whine slips past my lips. Billie smirks and places her arm around the back of the loveseat we are sharing. Evidently wrapping her arm around my shoulders. I move closer to Billie a little and lean over to whisper something into her ear. Billie catches on and bends a little. I smirk and move her hair out of the way.

I lick the shell of her ear before sucking on her earlobe and moaning softly. Billie gasps and the arm that was once draped over the loveseat is now wrapped around my waist, gripping tightly. I smile innocently as I pull away and take a sip of my drink like nothing happened. Billie clears her throat and takes a sip of her wine. She glares at me as she sips her wine. She looks so flustered and angry. It turns me on.

I pull my knees to my chest and cradle my wine glass in my hands. I return my attention to the conversation. I laugh at a joke my bsf made. My grandmothers eyes shoot straight to me. I smile at her and try to ignore the feeling of anxiety rising inside of me. I feel her eyes never leaving my body. I can't take it anymore and excuse myself to the bathroom. As I'm sliding the backdoor closed my grandma stops me and walks inside. "Come" is all she says and walks away.

I follow her into the bathroom. She closes the door behind me. She stares into my eyes and I feel like she is staring into my soul. "Talk to me baby because I know you can't talk to your mom about this yet." Is all she says and I sink down to the floor. I sit on the ground and look up to my grandma with glassy eyes. She sighs and sits on top of the toilet seat. "You love her don't you" I look up surprised but nod nonetheless. She sighs and grabs my hands "oh my sweet girl. She soothes me as I silently cry. "How do I tell my mom? I'm afraid of how she will react. I mean if your daughter started sleeping with your best friend wouldn't you be upset? Or disgusted?"

My grandma just nods her head. "I would be upset at first." I wipe my eyes and look up at her "but I can see the love and adoration you two have for each other. Her eyes sparkle anytime she sees you." I smile and sniffle. "How long has this been happening?" I chuckle before I answer "since last night" my grandma looks taken aback "but we fell in love with each other years ago. But the circumstances were just not in our favor at the time." My grandma nods and rubs soothing circles along my hand.

"I've loved her since I was in high school nana. And she's loved me since I was 18." My grandma smiles "I love you. I don't care that you are with Billie or the age gap between you two. Your love seems genuine. I will talk to Billie later and make sure she truly loves you and had no intention on hurting my grandbaby." I laugh a bit as I wipe my tears. "Of course." "Your mother loves you so much. She also loves Billie so much, as do I. She is reliable, mature, caring and I know for a fact she would give her life for the people she loves."

I smile and nod "your mother might be shocked at first. Upset, mad even, but she will not be able to survive the loss of her daughter and her best friend. If and when you tell her. Expect the worst and prepare to give her time. You can always come to me" I smile and watch as my grandma stands up and offers me a hand. I accept get up and give her a big hug "thank you nana I love you so much"

We exit the bathroom and I run to my room making sure my makeup isn't ruined. Once I'm finished my grandma is laughing at me. "Want to look good for Billie?" I giggle and wink at her. I make my way to the door but stop as I watch my grandma disappear into the kitchen man and return with the bottle of wine. I shake my head and she grabs my hand as we walk out.

My mom sees us "there you two are where have you been?!" Billies head snaps towards us and she scans my face before smiling and patting the seat next to her. "As much as I love you darling there are just some things best kept between a grandmother and her grandchildren" I smile at her as she winks my way. I sit down beside Billie "are you okay sweetheart?" I smile and nod my head. Billie eyes me before taking a sip of her wine and returning to the conversation.

She places her arm around my shoulders and I smile down into my wine. When I look up I catch my nanas gaze. She smiles and takes a sip of her wine. I look to my bsf who shoots me a warm smile. I relax into Billies embrace as I join the conversation. Simply enjoying Billies comfort and reveling in this calm atmosphere before I have to talk to Billie about my mom. But that can wait for another day. Right now I'm enjoying the sound of children playing, the soft murmurs of jazz behind our conversation and the soft breeze blowing through my hair.

It can wait another day.

—————————————————————-
Guess who's back? How should y/n mom find out about their relationship? And how should she react? Do we want a supportive mother or a conflicted mother? Lmk and if you have any requests or ideas for this book my dms and comments are ALWAYS open. I love incorporating your ideas. You guys are geniuses.

-NIKKI