31

Your POV:

Billie and I spend the rest of the morning just laying in bed enjoying each others company. It's currently lunchtime and Billie and I are making brunch. "Y/n can you pass me the eggs please?" "Sure" I grab the carton of eggs and place them beside Billie, then return to flipping the pancakes. Once the pancakes are done Billie and I serve the plates and take a seat at the table.

I watch as Billie takes a bite of her pancakes... "Mmm y/n these are so good" I smile and look down at my plate feeling my cheeks heat up. "Thank you Bil" I look up and meet her gaze before we both begin to dig in. After we finish eating Billie fights me to wash the dishes she eventually wins when my phone begins ringing. Lighting up with my grandmas picture. "You win this time Howard" I squint my eyes and point my finger I her direction, before picking up my phone.

"Nana hi! How are you?" I walk over to the counter and lean against it. "I'm doing fine but I need to talk to you." I lean both my elbows on the counter and prepare myself. I take a deep breath "okay about what?" "Your mother told me about you and Billie. She's completely torn. She's mad that you both didn't tell her. But she's also mostly mad at Billie for 'sleeping with her daughter'. She said she was going to call you later tonight or tomorrow because she wants to talk to you. But she needs time to process and think everything over."

I feel tears stream down my cheeks. Billie finished the dishes then looks over in my direction seeing me crying she immediately rushed over to me. She kisses my head and begins rubbing my back. "I-I don't even know what to say. My brain can't seem to function anymore" my nana sighs "I know darling I talked to her and told her that I saw nothing wrong with the love you two share. It's pure and genuine and if anyone should be loving you it's Billie."

I sniffle and wipe my tears "thank you nana." "Always I mean what are grandmas for. Is Billie with you?" I look over at Billie who nods her head "yes." "Can I talk to her" I hand Billie the phone and lay my head in my arms. Billie and my nana talk for a while before they say goodbye. Billie walks over to me and pulls me into a hug. I softly cry on her shoulder while she rubs my back. Once I calm down I whisper into her hair "I don't want my mom to not accept us." Billie nods her head and allows me to keep going "she's my mom you know, and she's  your best friend."

Billie sighs and pulls back making me look into her eyes. "Y/n no matter what I'm not letting you go...only if you don't want me to" I shake my head "no, no Billie I love you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I just- I just want my mom to accept us." Billie kisses my head and pulls me back into a tight hug. "I do too, my love, I do too"

Billie are cuddled up on the couch watching a movie when my phone pings. I jump and look up at Billie who motions for me to look at it. I hesitantly grab my phone and see my moms name along with a message 'come home.' My heart starts racing and involuntary tears leave my eyes, caught by Billie. "It's going to be okay" I nod and begin to get up when Billies phone pings. We make eye contact before Billie reaches for her phone. "She told me to meet her at her house" I feel my chest tighten and my stomach turn.

I run into the bathroom and throw up. Billie runs after me and holds my hair back. After I'm finished Billie rubs my back softly cooing into my ear. I sob quietly before collecting myself with the help of Billie, then walk into the bedroom and get ready. I don't even bother putting makeup on knowing well I'm going to just cry it off. I hop in the passenger seat while Billie gets into the drivers. She grabs my hand as we start the road home. I call my bsf and explain to her what's going on. "Y/n she's your mother she loves you regardless. She might be a little confused and angry right now but it will blow over okay?" I sniffle "okay"

"Now I love you and call me back after you leave your moms" "I love you too thank you
y/bsf/n" "anytime BYE BILLIE take care of my girl you hear me!" Billie chuckles a bit "you know I will. Bye y/bsf/n" I hang up and squeeze Billies hand.

We drive into my moms driveway and Billie puts the car in park. Billie unhooks her seatbelt and turns the car engine off. I stay still "y/n." I shake my head "I-I need a minute. I'm not ready" Billie sighs and takes my seatbelt off then grabs my hands and places both of them under her chin looking me in the eyes. "Whenever your ready." A few minutes later Billie and I walk towards the door and knock. I hide behind Billie a bit and grab a fistful of her blouse in my hand.

My mom opens the door and doesn't even look at us. She just walks away towards the kitchen. Billie gives me a small smile before walking in, me following closely behind. I turn the corner and see my mother leaning against the counter a bottle of whiskey on the counter and a half full glass in her hand. I take a deep breath "mom?" Her jaw clenches and she takes a sip of her glass.
—————————

Buckle up
-Nikki