27

Your POV:

"Shit! Shit! Shit! I'm late!" I yelled as I ran down the stairs. I grabbed my essentials and swiftly exited my house. As I'm driving on the busy morning highway, my phone rings. 'Bil' I answer my phone connected to the car radio. "Hey baby" I answer as I exit the highway "hi my love, where are you?" "I'm just exiting the highway I will be there in less than 15 minutes" I said as I switch lanes, exiting the highway. Billie sighs "okay well I just made it I think I have to get out of my car and go socialize. I'll see you soon, drive safely. I love you"

I smile and chuckle "I will, I love you. Bye"
Ten minutes later I arrive at my destination. With a sigh I put my car in park and mentally prepare myself. As I'm gathering my belongings there's a knock on my window. I jump "JEEZUS" I look up and stare into the most beautiful chocolate orbs. I smile and unlock the doors. Billie walks around and hops in the passenger.

We both lean over the middle console to share a loving kiss. "Mmm one more" I whine. Billie smiles and leans in once again making me smile into the kiss. "Nope one more" Billie rolls her eyes but obeys nonetheless. "Oh!...No, one more" I say with a smug smirk. Billie huffs and reaches over grabbing the back of my neck pulling me into a very heated kiss. "Mmhm" I moan Billie roughly bites my bottom lip staring into my eyes as she pulls away. Making my lip snap back.

I suck my lip into my mouth "that's more like it" I say. Billie smiles and is about to reply but unable to as she looks past me, dropping her smile. Confused I turn and follow her eye line. "Fuck" I whisper as I'm staring right at my mothers side profile. She's standing in front of the venue greeting the guests. "Did she see anything?" I ask Billie "I don't think so but let's go before she sees us" I grab my stuff and swiftly exit the car Billie lighting up a cigarette following behind me.

I walk up to my mom "hey mom congratulations on the promotion. CEO of the company! Finally, after years of working for the guy he decides to promote you, rightfully so might I add." she laughs and gives me a hug.
Okay maybe she didn't see anything
"Thank you sweetie. But I saw everything we are not going to talk about this right now because I really don't want to deal with you two at the moment. I'm going to enjoy my party then I'll deal with..." she uses hand gestures to point between Billie and I "...whatever the hell this is." She says with an annoyed tone and disgusted face. Before simply walking away.

I shut my eyes and take a deep breath. Billie places a hand on my shoulder "it will be fine, don't worry" I nod my head and walk inside Billie following behind. As we enter the venue I'm greeted by my mother's boss. Mr. Valiant he's about 50-60 very nice guy with really good genes but man can he talk for ages. "Y/n! It's good to see you." "Hi Mr. Valiant how are you?" I try and make small talk until my mother comes and saves me. "Oh y/m/n, I was just telling y/n here about our new office I'm opening in Japan!" My mom gives me a death glare before plastering a fake smile "oh that's great Mr. Valiant but I came to tell you that Rebecca from finances is here and looking for you." "Oh well then I guess I'm on my way y/n it was nice seeing you" he shakes my hand before walking off with my mom.

I look around wondering where Billie went. Until I spot her over by the bar sipping champagne and talking to a girl in a black dress sitting on a stool. I try not to feel jealous but I can't help it. This girl is getting too comfortable with MY Billie. She's laughing and touching Billies arm, leaning into Billie, smiling wide. I was just going to leave it until this girl ran one of her legs up Billie thigh. I lost it. I walk over to the bar. Billie sees me and smiles waving me over.

I ignore her and walk past her, I'm standing right next to Billie as I order a vodka lemonade. The bartender gets to making my drink. Billies eyes have never left my body throughout this whole interaction. "Y/n?" Billie asks I ignore her. The bartender places my drink in front of me I pay and thank him, before walking off.

"Y/n! Wait" I can hear Billie from behind me. I'm about to turn around when I hear another voice call my name. "Y/n? Y/n is that you?" I freeze in my tracks.
No way
I look up and meet piercing grey eyes. "Vee?" The woman grabs my free hand the other she cups my cheek. "The one and only" I laugh "oh my gosh it's been so long!" "Yah twelve years to be exact" "how are you how have you been?" I drag her over to a free table. We sit in front of each other knees touching holding hands. "Tell me everything" I say.

After about 10 mins of talking to Veronica or 'Vee' Billie comes up behind me and places both of her hands on my shoulders. Startled I jump a bit and look up "Billie I have someone I want you to meet!" Billie eyes Veronica as she stands. I stand between them "Billie this is Veronica Valiant, Veronica this is Billie Dean Howard" I watch as Billie shakes Veronicas hand. "Billie Dean Howard as in medium to the stars?" Vee asks "yes that's me, Valiant I'm guessing your related to Mr. Valiant?" Veronica and I chuckle "Yes he's my father"