16.

Cellie Meadows

I had just finished my hair and makeup for graduation. I had my dress under my gown and my cap on. I was super excited to graduate with honors.

I walked downstairs to see my mother and father standing by the door.

"So, how do I look?" I smiled and did a little spin for them.

"You look beautiful, Cellie. You get it honestly." My mother winked at me.

"You look great. I'm very proud of you. Words can't even explain, baby girl." My Daddy smiled at me.

"Okay, okay, let's go so you guys can get a parking spot!" I smiled and scurried out the house with them behind me.

Kya Ford

"How I look, Auntie?" I smiled and flashed her my pearly whites.

"Baby, your mother would be so proud of you right now. I wish she could've attended your ceremony." My Auntie smiled at me. I shrugged because this was my day and I wasn't going to let my mom not being here ruin it for me.

"I hope she'd be proud. But I know you are so I ain't worried about that."

"Girl, you know damn right I'm proud. Look at that body, that face, everything! You definitely take after me." She winked and we shared a laugh. "Your little boo gon like what he see too."

"Auntie, stop. He ain't my boo, he just a friend." I rolled my eyes. She was definitely referring to Nas.

I'm so glad he's seeing me graduate today. At least I'll have him, Cellie, and my auntie since my parents don't know how to show out for their daughter. Smh.

We walked out the house to the car to ride to the ceremony. I was too lit right now.

"Here's a little sum to make the ceremony go by faster." My auntie handed me a mint shot bottle of pink whitney.

"Yes ma'am! Thank you!" I quickly opened it and downed the shot. "Now let's get this show on the damn road!"

At The Ceremony
Jamir Reign

I was sitting in the front row to get a good view of Cellie. My man Nas was sitting right next to me.

"So you must like Kya, huh?" I whispered to him.

"Man, I just wanted to show out for her. She cool, you know how I feel bout her." He whispered back.

"She is real cool. She your type, Nas. You should settle down with her."

"Yeah, we'll see how shit go. I've had girlfriends before and you see where I'm at now." He chuckled. I definitely kinda understood his point. Cellie is my first girlfriend but I understand it from his point of view. I mean shit, look where he at now.

An hour into the ceremony it was finally almost over and I definitely showed out for Cellie. I guess her folks did too, or at least I think they was her folks. It was now time for everyone to go outside and congratulate the graduates.

Nas and I walked outside to see Kya, Cellie, and three others standing with them. We walked towards their direction.

"Jamir! Thank you for coming." She hugged me and kissed me on my cheek. I handed her a bouquet of roses. "Awe this is so sweet, thank you."

"No problem."

"Daddy this is Jamir, Jamir this is my dad. Mom this is Jamir, Jamir this is my mom." She introduced.

"Hello, nice to meet you both. Cellie is a wonderful girl and to graduate with honors is amazing. Top of the class is extraordinary." Of course I knew how to talk to adults when it came to shit like this. I mean duh, I take care of my sister.

"Nice to meet you, young man. It's a pleasure to have you here celebrating my daughter's accomplishments." Her father shook my hand and I shook it back. We both had a firm grip.

"Cellie's told me a lot about you. You are very handsome." Cellie's mom winked.

"Mom, stop, please." Cellie rolled her eyes and I laughed.

"Thank you Mrs. Meadows."

"I'm Nasir." He shook both of their hands. "I'm a friend of Jamir, Kya, and Cellie."

"Nice to meet you too, young man." Her father said.

Kya pulled Nas and her aunt off so they could talk some more.

"Now baby girl, you know I'm very proud of you but like I said, I do have to leave now. I will be back sooner than you know it. I love you." Her father hugged her and she hugged him back.

"Bye Daddy, I love you too."

"It was nice to meet you Mr. Meadows."

"Nice to meet you too, son." He waved to everyone and walked off.

"So what are the plans for tonight Ms. Graduate?" Her mother crossed her arms and smiled.

"I'm going to this party tonight with Kya and Jamir." She smiled. "It's Ivy's party. It's going to be so much fun."

"I hope so. Well, I'm going to leave yall be. I'll see before you leave out most likely. Bye baby." Her mother walked off.

"Jamir, I'm so happy you got to meet my dad." She smiled and I pulled her in for a hug.

"I know how much it meant to you so of course." I hugged her tightly until Nas and Kya walked over to us. We parted.

"Y'all ready for this lit ass party tonight cause I know I sholl am." Kya popped her tongue and flipped her hair.

"As y'all should be, period!" Ivy walked over.

"Congratulations girl!" Cellie hugged her and then Kya.

"Thank y'all." She smiled.

"Where Tee at?" Nas asked.

"He ain't come because I ain't want it to be weird. He not my boyfriend or anything, ya know?"

"Makes sense." I shrugged. "We'll definitely see you tonight though."

"Alright, y'all. Congrats!" Ivy smiled and walked off to another group of people.

"I'm trying to get drunk as hell tonight." Cellie said to the three of us.

"Shit who you telling? I am too! It's our fucking graduation, bitch!" Kya cheesed.

"Y'all better calm y'all asses down and save that energy for the party." Nas laughed.

"No cap. And Cellie you know how you are when you drunk." I eyed her and she eyed me back.

"Exactly how I want to be." She looked me up and down, seductively.

"We'll see y'all later though. We got outfits to pick out." Kya winked and they both walked off.

"We finna have our hands full tonight." Nas looked at me as they walked off.

"Shit, you ain't never lied."