61.

Nasir Dime

I walked up to Kya's door and knocked on it since she wanted me to come over to talk to me. I ain't know what this shit was about to be about but I hope it ain't about that dumbass Chanel bitch.

The door swung open to Kya. Lookin fine as hell per usual.

"Hey Nasir." She smiled and hugged me. I hugged her back and walked in, shutting the door behind me.

"Wassup, you said you wanted to talk?"

"Damn, you acting like i'm one of your exes or something." She laughed.

"Nah, I mean, whenever someone says they wanna talk it's not always good." I shrugged with a little laugh. Kya could pull out a knife any second and kill my ass about any minor situation. I'm tryna keep my cool.

"You thirsty?" She smiled. "I could get you some water?"

"You tryna poison me?" I raised a brow.

"No, I'm just asking." She laughed. "But I do have something to tell you and I want you to be very open-minded about it."

"Okay." I sat down on the couch and looked at her.

"So, I recently got a DM from someone stating that they want me to be in their music video." She pulled out her phone and showed the message. My eyes went wide as hell to see Lil Baby in my girls DMs asking her to be in a video.

"He just asked you this shit out the cut?" I studied the DM.

"Yeah, he said he's seen my little instagram pictures and thought I would be good in one of his little music videos." She smiled. "I figured it could get me some money and get my name out there. I can really take this seriously."

"You want to be a video-vixen?" I looked up at her as I handed the phone back.

"I don't see anything wrong with it. I know the type of person I am and I know I wouldn't let no fuck dude play with me." She shrugged. "At the end of the day, I'm not getting any younger and this college shit ain't really for me."

I ain't know what to say. I want to support her all the way but being in a music video with your ass and titties out? Part of it doesn't even sit well with me.

"I'm down for it. If you think it's something good for you and it's strictly business, then go head." I shrugged.

"You for real?" She raised her brow. "Or are you gonna get mad later and throw this in my face?"

"When have I ever thrown some shit in your face? I ain't like that. I'm here to support you. If you gonna keep shit strictly business then it's not point to even continue this shit. I'm down with it."

Putting myself in this position is definitely a risky ass move and I know Kya's ass probably ain't wanna tell me but I'm glad she did. I don't wanna be holding her back from stardom cause I'm insecure. Shit, Kya looks good and as long as too much ain't showing, I'm good.

"Yay." She clapped her hands. "So, me and Cellie are leaving this wee—"

"Hell nah, I'm coming." I laughed. "Ain't no way."

"I expected that." She laughed a little. "And that's fine. Whatever makes you feel comfortable, boo." She sat down next to me.

"Damn, you got me letting you do some crazy ass shit. I really love you." I laughed and pecked her lips.

"I love you too and I ain't gon let no damn Lil Baby or any other niggas that want me to be in their video break what we got."

I believe her.

Bavana Brown (Boop)

"This is so nice!" My mom looked around the new apartment Rylo and I were looking at which was definitely in the real nice part of Arizona. I've never seen anything this nice in my life.

"Yeah, and it has enough space for Salana." Rylo was looking in the rooms. The apartment was a decent size and very pricey but Rylo swore he'll handle it. Plus, I still got that check from that dead ass nigga!

"I really like it." I smiled. "It's real different from what I'm used to." I leaned on the kitchen counter.

"Oh Bavana, our place isn't that bad." My mother waved me off.

"No, ma, it's that bad." I rolled my eyes. "I just don't want my daughter growing up around projects, fighting, shoot outs, and all that other shit." I looked over at Lana to see her sleep in her carrier.

"I feel the same way." Rylo walked over to us. "This area is nice as hell plus all the white folks live around here."

"Which means, Bavana, you can't go around introducing yourself as this Boop character." My mom squinted at me.

"Says who? If I could put Boop on my birth certificate, I would." I waved her off. "Boop is my real name."

"Your real name is Bavana Brown and you have to start acting like it."

How do I act like Bavana Brown? I know my ma is crazy but she gets crazier by the day. The name Boop sticks with me way more than some damn Bavana.

"She doesn't have to introduce herself as Bavana." Rylo said.

"I just think, I would take her more serious if she went by her government name." My mom shrugged. "I gave you a wonderful Ethiopian name. Do you not appreciate your ethiopian roots?"

"Of course I do. I just prefer Boop." I shrugged. "Anyways, we moving in here or not?" I looked over at Rylo because I was definitely over this conversation with my mom. We've been on good terms and I don't wanna argue over no damn name.

"Hell yeah. This shit is it." Rylo rubbed his hands like Birdman. "Ima go speak to the people right now." He left out leaving just me and my mother. Ugh, damn Rylo, why ain't you take me with you!

"So, do you think he's going to propose?" My mom smiled.

"I don't know." I rolled my eyes. "I'm just focusing on Salana. I love Rylo, of course, but my baby comes first." I've never been desperate for a ring from no man but if a man wants to give me one, I'm not complaining.

"Well, I'm not going to pry." My mom chuckled. "At least you both are together taking care of Salana. It's beautiful. I really wish I could've done the same for you." She walked over to Lana and took her out her carrier, cradling her.

"I agree, it's beautiful. I definitely want my daughter to grow up with both of her parents." I smiled. It might sound a little mean but I'm telling the truth!

"Bavana, I really wish we didn't have this much tension between us. I love you and love the person you are. You've blessed me with a beautiful granddaughter who has all of your features." She smiled. "If I could go back into the past and change things, I would."

"Mom, I really don't wanna hear it right now. Everything's been good, no need to bring up the past." I waved her off.

"I know but I just want you to know." She shook her head.