36.

Bavana Brown (Boop)

After I left Nas, I decided to walk home because I needed the fresh air. My car was still at Rylo's so I couldn't drive anywhere. I basically begged Jamir, Nas and Tee because they definitely wasn't going for that shit. It felt good to walk home even though it was getting a little dark.

I don't know why I've been so soft lately. Maybe it's my pregnancy getting to me? I never acted like this before. I've always been a hard-body bitch.

I walked into the house and my mother was sitting on the couch with nail polish on her shirt, indicating she just got home from work.

"Bavana Brown, where have you been?" She growled as she paused her show.

"I told you, I work." I rolled my eyes and closed the door behind me.

"I haven't seen you since you got off work! I was worried about you. Where have you been?"

"Legally, I don't have to tell you that information."

"You can't keep coming in my house whenever you want." She glared at me.

"Then let me move out like I said I was!" I snapped.

"No! Who's going to care for your child?"

"Me and Rylo! We are the fucking parents, not you. You had your turn and you fucked it up doing drugs your whole life."

She stood up and slapped me across my face. I pushed her back onto the couch.

"Don't put your nasty hands on me!" She yelled.

"Don't fucking slap me! I'm grown as hell and pregnant. You're a fucked up bitch." I mugged her.

"Bavana, I'm not going to tolerate the disrespect from you. A bitch? Really? You're a bitch!"

"And maybe I am but I come in here and it's pure attitude. You didn't even ask if I'm okay."

"Because I know you're okay. You claim you always are, right?" She stood up and crossed her arms.

"I actually almost got raped the other night. What the fuck is wrong with you?" I stormed upstairs to my room and grabbed all my clothes, putting them in trash bags. Everything in my room was coming with me. I heard foot steps coming up the stairs.

"Bavana, I didn't know...baby com—" She stood at the edge of my door.

"No, I'm leaving. I can't take this. This is too much stress on my baby, mom." I pulled out my phone and called an Uber. All this stuff was going in that Uber and I don't care if they like it or fucking not.

"So you're leaving me?" She teared up.

"You weren't tearing up when you slapped me across my fucking face." I mugged her and dragged all the bags downstairs with no help. I left out the door and got into the Uber.

"Ma'am you can't—"

"Fuck you, take me to my destination." I mugged him in the rear view and he pulled off, heading to Rylo's.

When I pulled up at Rylo's, I dragged all my stuff and banged on his apartment door. It swung open to a mugging Rylo.

"You good?" The mug quickly faded.

"No, me and my mom got into it and I left. Im not staying there no more. It's too much stress." I shook my head and he pulled me in. He then grabbed my bags and brought them in.

"You wanna talk about it?" He looked down at me and I suddenly started to feel light-headed.

"I just need to lay down..." I straddled over to the couch and almost collapsed but Rylo caught me.

"Bavana, be careful." He laid me on the couch.

"I'm just—I can't—" I tried to catch my breath but couldn't. "I can't breathe."

"Nah, I'm taking you to the hospital." He lifted me up and ran out, putting me in his car. He got in the drivers seat and sped off. "Aye, look at the road okay."

My vision was getting a little blurry. I could not look at the road. I didn't know what was happening.

When we got to the hospital, Rylo rushed to front desk with me in his arms.

"She saying she can't breathe and she almost collapsed. She's pregnant, she can't be doing that, I need help." He spoke quick and the lady nodded and called some doctors. They came over with a stretcher and rushed me to a back room. Rylo wasn't with me, I was alone. I closed my eyes and I was out.

I woke up in a hospital bed with wires all on me. Rylo was sitting near my bed.

"Doctor, she's awake!" He yelled loudly and a doctor came rushing in.

"What happened?" I groaned as I looked at these wires and took off the oxygen tank.

"Ms. Brown, please." The doctor said. "Everything is okay, you had a mild heart attack caused by stress but your baby is fine. But you, you cannot keep experiencing stress like this especially while you're pregnant."

"I understand, Doctor, thank you." I rolled my eyes. "Can I go now?"

"Bavana, chill." Rylo looked over at me. "She's gonna stop experiencing stress."

"Okay, she may leave but remember to be moving and stay positive." The Doctor smiled and discharged me.

I was happy as hell I could be discharged from the hospital because I hate doctors. They be all fancy and shit cause they doctors. Ion be liking that.

"Let's go back to your crib so we can—" We both got into his car and he instantly cut me off.

"Bavana, you scared the shit outta me. You know you almost collapsed? You can't be playing like that when you're carrying a child. You and your mother need to resolve shit. This shit gonna be on your mind and really affect you."

"Fuck that bitch! She slapped me across my face. I'm grown as hell and pregnant. I should've whooped her ass, she know how I am."

"Don't call her a bitch." Rylo shook her head. "I ain't bouta keep having this negative shit around me."

"Since she wanna baby someone so damn bad, she should have another baby. Cause I'm sick of her ass." I rolled my eyes.

I was hurt because it felt like Rylo was taking her side oppose to mine... I love my mom but the way we go at it sometimes, shit gets crazy.

"Y'all just needa resolve shit. I ain't say you gotta live with her. You all just need to not be on negative terms."

Ughhh, I can't believe I was in a fucking hospital.