73

One Month Later
Bavana Brown (Boop)

I finally decided to go back to my own apartment today. I haven't talked to Nas, Jamir, or anyone about my problem with Rylo's friend. I haven't talked ever since that day.

I entered the building with Salana in my arms and got onto the elevator. As I was walking up, I saw a girl coming out of Oz's apartment which caused me to roll my eyes. I walked over to my door to unlock it but was stopped by Oz.

"Damn, I can't get a wassup?"

"Say wassup to the girl that just left your apartment." I opened the door to my apartment but he closed it.

"I missed seeing you walk in and out." He smiled. "Hi Salana."

Salana smiled at him for a moment.

"Don't be talking to her." I laughed and rolled my eyes. "Don't be closing my door either."

"How you doing? Where you've been?" He raised a brow at me.

"I've been fine. I was staying with my mom. I had too much on my mind." Since he had to ask I gave him his little response he wanted.

"That's good..." He licked his lips.

"Mhm, Ima go in now..." I rolled my eyes and went in my apartment as he followed me. "I ain't say you can come in."

"I know." He closed the door behind him, chuckling. "I invited myself in."

"Boy," I rolled my eyes and sat Salana on the couch. She was eight months and crawled on everything around her. Surprisingly, she just continued to sit on the couch without moving. "What you want?"

"You don't give me no time. I'm really tryna get to know you."

"You stressing me out, Osiris. What you wanna know?" I rolled my eyes, playfully.

"Everything." He says on the couch next to Salana as she crawled over to him.

I was debating if I should share anything with him but, he's been trying so much so why not.

"I was a bad kid," I started. "I was a drug addict, I was around a drug addict mother, I was abused, and I just went through too much to be treated like shit from these dudes." I felt tears coming to my eyes.

"You wasn't bad, you was misunderstood." Oz played with Salana as I spoke.

"I fought any and every bitch that had a problem with me." I bit my bottom lip. "That's all I use to do, fight. Salana was the reason I stopped."

"As she should be. You gotta set an example for her."

"I don't want her to have a life like me. I'm trying to give her everything I didn't have including love and support from her mother." I sighed. "I had none of that."

"How you meet Nas?" He looked up at me.

"Nas was probably the best thing that's ever happened to me. At school everyone thought we were dating but that nigga is really my brother. I met him at a trap house and made it my priority to get him into school. I ain't want him to sit around as an eight year old." I sighed.