35.

Cellie Meadows

"Bitch, so how was Cali?" Kya squealed.

"It was cool." I shrugged.

"How the niggas look down there?"

"Kya!" I laughed and she joined in.

"I'm just playing but girl it don't seem like you had fun for real."

"It was fun but Jamir's grandmother said some outta pocket stuff that ain't sit well with Jamir."

"Girl, you know how old people are. They always wanna say shit but never wanna get knocked out for it." Kya shook her head.

"Girl you are sum else." I shook my head. "I can't wait till college start. I'm glad we going together." We was going to ASU, therefore we could still see everybody.

"Yeah, Wanda a little jealous that she not going." Kya said. "But I was telling her, her school is good."

"She'll have fun at University of Pitt. It'll be a drastic change though, them philly girls get real slick." I shook my head.

"Girl, I hope Wanda ups her fighting skills or else she'll never make it." Kya laughed.

Bavana Brown (Boop)

"I'm sorry but I do have to resign." I told my boss.

"Why? You racked up customers!" He was shocked.

"I know and I loved working here but last night, I was almost raped by a customer and since I'm pregnant, I don't think it's safe for me to work here."

"I understand." He nodded. "I'm happy I got to meet you, Boop. I know Stacy and Jane will miss you. I also have something for you." He leaned over and grabbed an envelope off of his office table. He handed it to me.

"What's this?" I raised a brow.

"Someone left an anonymous tip for you last night. I'm just doing what they told me to do. Be safe." He smiled and sat in his desk chair. I left the building and walked back to Rylo's car. I had a quick flashback of what happened but shook it away. I got in the car and stared at the envelope.

"What's that?" Rylo looked at the envelope. I shrugged. "Girl if you don't open that envelope."

I rolled my eyes and opened the envelope to check with one hundred thousand dollars on it to Bavana Brown.

"Who the fuck gave you that, damn!" Rylo's eyes got wide.

"Maybe it was that man? He said he could take care of me but how the hell did he know my name?"

"Aye, white people be on some FBI shit. Don't question it." Rylo laughed as he pulled off.

"I could get an apartment." I smiled at Rylo.

"What about your mom?"

"I don't even know, I really want to move out but she doesn't want me to leave." I sighed. "Drop me off at Nas house."

"Why?" Rylo mugged me.

"Ugh, if this gon work you gon have to trust me. Nas is like my brother." I groaned. He nodded and drove me to Nas's house.