06| So fluffy and yet so annoying

The sun was barely seen that morning, the clouds were covering it until 12 pm where it shot up and decided to greet the world with its annoying rays

The sun was barely seen that morning, the clouds were covering it until 12 pm where it shot up and decided to greet the world with its annoying rays. The drive wasn't even that bad until the shiny bastard decided to show itself. Now, it felt hot as hell inside the car, cooking him and the gas. He was three miles away now, so he pulled up to the first gas station he saw. [M/N] looked at the time as he pulled the keys out of the ignition before walking inside the station. [M/N] grabbed snacks and some water, along with an energy drink for the rest of the drive. He had left Auggie with the old woman, and his nerves were on edge since he left. Not that he minds about Ms.Heather, she took care of Auggie for years, it's just Auggie liked to do what he wanted since he was a toddler.

That worried him.

He placed the bag inside the car passenger seat before opening the gas cork before putting the nozzle inside. He leans back after pressing the regular and hearing gas enter the car, his eyes wandered around before opening his phone. [M/N] opened the email that his supporter sent him, ignoring the fawning parts, and headed down to the business portion. Mostly the history part, the relevant parts at least. 

The Rosewood Hotel and Spa was not called nor owned by the same people since the 50s. The original owners were immigrants from Mexico, the land was won in a game of cards by the original owner who was too drunk to realize what he had done. The Cortez family had moved from poverty to the rich land of the Rosewood area, the area yet to be finally named, though before it was called the Rosewood Hotel and Spa, it was named the Rosa Hotel, named after the owner's daughter, Rosita Cortez.
  From the beginning it was a hard adjustment on the family, moving and losing some farm animals on the way but as they settled at last the Hotel began to grow along with its popularity of with the locals. Especially with the Wood family a few miles away. They had a small girl that was the same age as Rosita, they played together four to five times a week, and went to the same church as well. They were the best of friends unti-

[M/N] looked up when the gas dings, he was finished. He pulled the nozzle out and settled back into the gas station before closing and locking the cork, once that was done, he entered his car and started it. [M/N] opened the bag and began grasping for the water but felt nothing, looking inside he saw the water was gone. "What the hell, did I even.." [M/N] looked to the floor but the water wasn't there either and sighs. "Fine, I'll just drink the energy drink." He grumbled to himself as he grasped the cold can and opened it, sighing happily as he sipped it. It burns a bit as it went down, nothing usual with it. 

[M/N] plug his phone into the cord, and turned it up a bit, "Lucii, please read the remaining highlighted words." Lucii was the latest phone on the market, or it was two years ago and before it was recalled for sending deleted texts. A lot of married people didn't like it, so lots of phones were taken off the market.

"Until Rosita died, she had fallen from a tree on the property. Liza Wood, her friend had said they were playing on the trees and Rosita had fallen off as she was trying to get down. She died on sight and the only witness to any of it was Liza. The Cortez family had to sell their home and new hotel to the wood family so they could bury their daughter properly. Once she was buried, they moved to a new home in Michigan for a new life. In honor of the youngest daughter, the wood family had renamed the home, Rosewood Hotel, and Spa, and since then the Hotel has been run by the Wood family. It was gonna be given to Melody Wood, the eldest daughter until her death a few weeks ago. Now it's her parents and little sister." Lucii reads off and the map came up, [M/N] moved in the direction of the dot leading him.

"Wow, that's rough." [M/N] screams as voice chimes and grasped the rest of his energy drink and throws it behind it. Suddenly there were poofs and white smoke everywhere, He gives another scream as he moved the car to the side and parked once his field of vision cleared. He scrambles for the floor and grabbed the screwdriver from it, clenching it as he unrolled the window once he found the switch. 

Instead of a kidnapper or worst, there were four men, a little girl, and Auggie being squished with the little girl. 

"Klee can't move..." She complains as she tried to move out of her spot between a man with long black hair and another man with blue hair. 

"Hi...uncle.."Auggie smiles as he held the can of his Uncle's drink, "There's some still left in the can.."

"Augustus [L/N]." [M/N] hissed at the young boy and he giggled nervously for a moment.

"...Do you want the rest of it?"

---

[M/N] sighs to himself as he pulled up to the hotel and rolled the windows up, and pulled the keys out of the ignition. He rolled his shoulders a bit before stuffing his phone and wallet into his pocket. He made another pitstop before coming here, [M/N] looked into the rear-view window and fixed his hair a bit. "Rules, no one is gonna is involved with this investigation, I hold myself with so much respect and professionalism that you all should have." [M/N] glanced at them all as he said that and then little Klee poking her fingers together confused, the fluffy ears on her head wiggling a bit.

"What does Profess-Professionalism mean?" She asked cutely and [M/N] wanted to pinch her cheeks right there. She had no right being adorable.

"It means the expected skill of an expert or professional." [M/N] said as he adjusted his shirt collar so it wasn't poking at his skin.

"Oh, so we get to watch them read their auras or talk to dead ones?" Kaeya asked, his ears twitching a bit with the coy smile on his lips. 

"Here to investigate a hateful or harmful ghost that unalive a woman last week." [M/N] said as he opened his door. "and since I'm too far from home, I couldn't take you back so, if you fuck this up, I'll fuck your face up." [M/N] said simply as he exited the car. 

This was such a wonderful day, turn shitty.