41| I had only one love, and it was her

WARNING: USED OF THE F-SLUR

[M/N] didn't like funerals, for one it was working and second, it was just boring

[M/N] didn't like funerals, for one it was working and second, it was just boring. He had his mother cremated and threw his mother's ashes into a McDonald's garbage can, and all funerals as a kid were paid for by rich clients and celebrities. He wanted to be cremated as well, and have Auggie make his ashes into paint and make a nice painting of him or something cool with the paint.

Now, he was at another one, and as cliche, as it seemed, the rain kept on pouring on them. It wasn't thundering yet, but he felt tingles go up to his spine a bit as he watched the casket lower into the ground with pretty lilies laid upon the top of it.

Susan had a thing for lilies, Harold had said in his speech about his wife.

Their children, the son, and daughter came here with their respective families, all crying about their mother and grandmother who passed from a diabetic episode. [M/N] didn't know she was diabetic either, it was just a shock all around for him, and their family, no one seemed to know about her illness.

"May her soul rest in peace." The priest said, doing the sign of the cross as Harold watched the oak casket go down. He held onto a very old photo of her, she looked happy and vibrant in the picture, smiling while looking at the camera. The second thunder boomed behind them, umbrellas went up and soon people began walking away from the scene. Their sobs quiet and sniffles quieting, but [M/N] and Harold still remain there.

[M/N] watched Harold, rubbing his arms a bit from the rain and chilly wind, "Harold?"

"...I had only one love, and that was Olive Oil from Popeye, she was so tall and pretty, a bit of an airhead too," Harold said as he held the picture closer, wiping away any fallen drops of rain that hit the glass. "I knew I wanted a pretty wife like her, so nice, odd, and taller than me. But then I met Susan, she wasn't like Olive, she was mature, sassy and smarter than me. She was in fact taller than me with and without heels..." Harold said.

"She was amazing, I saw her work before. She was brilliant." [M/N] said as he rubbed his hands together with a sigh. It was just getting chilly now, and he would most likely be sick later on today. 

"...She wasn't diabetic."

"What?"

"Susan wasn't a diabetic, but the coroner said she died from a diabetic epsoide. My wife was healthy as the Queen of England." Harold shrugs a bit with a sigh, "Or at least willing to outlive her."

"What do you think happened to her?" [M/N] asked softly, he didn't know if this was a denial of the mourning process, it had happened to most widows and widowers. 

"Something killed her, my woman had to be taken from behind...there was a bump on her head like someone came up from behind, whacked her, and drugged her. How else would an extra amount of insulin be in her system..." Harold said as he looked at the picture. His eyes shine with tears threatening to fall but kept them in, "My lovely darling.."

"I'm sorry.." [M/N] whispered but Harold sounded so sure of himself and Harold shakes his head a bit before fixing his tie. [M/N] could hear one of their kids calling Harold and he turns around.

"I'll be with her soon, I just know it," Harold said, giving a smile before walking towards the limo as [M/N] looked to Susan's grave and thunder boomed again. Something about it, just made him feel unsettled, especially with Harold's theory. He was a nurse after all.

+++

[M/N] parked the car, the rain stopped, and sighs as he looked at the time. It was barely four now and hoped everyone was in the mood for some warm pizza. He takes a deep breath and picked up the two large pizzas and shut the door behind him. He opened the door and placed the two boxes down before hearing laughing in the living room. [M/N] placed his wet coat on the hanger and walked to them, "Guys, I got pizza, it's a bit cold but some pieces could be warm too." He called as he entered but stopped.

Tempest was sitting there and close to Auggie, she looked happy and the feeling of dread caused [M/N] to grit his teeth. 

"How was the funeral?" Kazuha asked, noticing [M/N] first before feeling the dread and anger coming off the man. "[M/N]?"

"[M/N]?" Albedo began and [M/N] takes a deep breath before closing his eyes, then opening. Tempest was showing them the stupid fucking baby book that [M/N] hated. Tempest had written over his face with a black marker, and ruined most of the pictures [M/N] was in.

"Tempest..why are you here? In my home?" [M/N] forced out, trying to be polite but the coldness and sharpness in his tone were heard.

"Uncle!" Auggie grins as he placed the book in his mother's lap. Oh, how happy he was, how he dreamed of meeting her, Auggie had always assumed she was dead or wasn't ready. Now she was here to celebrate his birthday with her. "Mommy came here to celebrate my birthday with me. Isn't that great?"

"I can see."

[M/N] saw Tempest smile, she looked better, relaxed but that still made him on edge. She looked like their mother, especially with her shallow eyes. 

"Auggie, why don't you go show your mother the pictures of your Zoo trip?" [M/N] asked, as Auggie's eyes brighten up and moved towards the direction of his room. [M/N] smiles before it falls, glaring at his sister with a scowl on his lips. She smiles still, and her arms crossed.

"Why are you here? You've been gone all for his life, and then you returned now? How do you think he would feel when you leave again?" [M/N] said, arms crossed as she looked at him, the others in the room watched silently.

"Well, no, I don't since..I want Auggie to come with me. I..feel like I could be a mother now..especially since he's older." She said as she glanced around, "Besides, you think your Poly could take care of him better than me? Augustus needs his mother."

"You are not his mother, I am his parent, you wanted to kill him. I literally had to buy him from you, or you would've thrown him off the bridge." [M/N] argues harshly as anger flashes in him, from the build-up of sadness and anger. Her facial expression changed and she snapped.

"Go ahead and dry out all of our laundries, especially in front of your faggot boyfriends." Tempest snapped as she stands up, knocking the book down and fixing her skirt. She moved and grasped [M/N]'s collar, she yanked it and [M/N] watched her. "He needs me, your fucking job is over."

"Get your hand off of him, now." Childe's chilled voice said, as his hand grasped Tempest's wrist and yanked it off. She winced and looked at him, and he chuckled, "You're causing a stir lady, especially when we found out about what you tried to do to a baby."

"It was my baby to kill anyway, besides, I didn't do it! You've all been here with murder anyway." Tempest hissed as Childe raised an eyebrow, he was a murderer, and pretty sure many of them had taken lives during battle. Suddenly there was a glimmer in her eyes, as she frowns, "[M/N] murdered our mother, and yet you all treat him so nice! Don't you see, I'm the victim, my poor Augustus..being raised to be like him."

"Shut up-"

"What?"

[M/n] turns to see Auggie holding some pictures and the look on his face was heartbreaking and [M/N] felt his own heart crumble.

"Auggie..I.."

+++

The box was vibrating in the room, it glows a  dark red and moved around in its space. It sensed a sinister aura nearby to let it feed. It moved around before knocking itself to the ground and the lock broke. The demon inside is more than happy and waits, once everyone sleeps before it feasts.