chapter 1 | illusion

CHASE KNIGHT

.•°•.•°•.•°•.

As an illusion, many are perceived in the wrong light.

In different scenarios, humans tend to create false realities. A false picture. An illusion.

This provokes them to not move forward. The illusion goes round and round causing an act of deception.

Yet, some are gullible enough to believe the act.

In order to look at the big picture, the illusion needs to disappear. Only leaving reality behind.

Behind the illusion, is the real truth; reality. The truth nobody knows about. The truth is hidden away.

Which leads to assumptions but no truth. Everyone has a reason behind every action but some are just more vocal than others.

The facade I was putting upon in front of the paparazzi was an act of deception.

While in reality, I was trying to find a way out of this award show.

But to the world, I was happy. Albeit, I was putting on an act. And, these fools were believing everything I was saying.

A fucking illusion. Hypothesized over this fake reality.

Finally, after the paparazzi were done annoying me with the pictures and questions I stepped into the ballroom. The big stage catching my eyes as I saw people frantically trying to find their designated seats.

I don't even know what I was doing here. I had skipped this event all the other years but yet here I am making an appearance.

These ceremonies were such a waste of time. It would be the same shit over and over again. The same companies getting awarded again.

I didn't need these awards to show me how successful I am. Although, it was nice knowing that your efforts were superior to the rest.

I walked up to the front of the ballroom knowing my seat would be at the front. As expected I saw my name tag on the round table at the front. I took a seat while glancing around and fixing my tie. My other competitors seating around at different tables, chatting.

The elegant decor, on the tables, was elevating this place. The flowers and candles decorating each table. While the rest of the hall was covered with black and gold decor, the theme.

I saw other females gawking their eyes at me but I paid no attention.

My Ermenegildo Zegna tailored suit in all black paired with my black tie with gold detailing, was showing off my well-built, muscular tattooed body. I had on Christian Louboutin lace-up leather dress shoes in black to complete my outfit.

I couldn't wait to leave this shit show.

I took a sip of the alcohol that was conveniently on the table. God, I really needed this. My rings clicking on the glass as I swallowed the rest remaining.

Everyone had arrived by now and had taken their designated seats. I ran a hand through my dark locks, impatience running over me.