chapter 43 | lies

JASMIN MARTINEZ

.•°•.•°•.•°•.

I was currently in the arms of Chase. He was carrying me through the fair as my legs were far too sore to walk. I was questioning how I even rode his cock while he sat on the closed toilet. For the most part, his praising and dirty talk gave me courage and strength.

I put my arms around his neck, murmuring "You didn't fuck me from behind."

"I had to take you from the front to see your beautiful face," He rasped, his hand going up and down my back. "And I would like to fulfill your dream before I fulfill mine."

"What's my dream?" I questioned.

"On your office desk from behind." My face heated up and I stopped tracing my fingernails against his skin.

"Please," I brushed off. "I like to keep my professional life separate."

"How's that going for you?"

"Not how I had it planned in my head."

"Regrets?"

"Yeah."

He looked into my eyes, "I'm sorry."

"I regret not teasing you earlier."

He shook his head, releasing a breath. "Fuck, you got me scared for a second."

"Did you think I regretted having sex with you?"

"It sounded that way."

"I don't have any regrets." I rasped. "Maybe some."

"Like?"

"Not speaking up for myself, being a coward in front of my so-called father, letting people step over me, coming to your penthouse that day..." I paused, holding in my breath.

He averted his eyes and I knew guilt fleshed through his body. He had stiffened up and his face showed no emotion. "I wouldn't have lost the dearest people in my life."

"I think the car is that way." He tried diverting the topic.

"Most importantly, I regret not comprehending what was happening in front of me that day." I continued.

"Don't blame yourself."

"You do."

"It was my fault." He argued.

"It was my fault as well."

He stopped walking, looking back at me. "No, stop with this bullshit."

"As long as you blame yourself, I'll blame myself."

"I don't." He lied.

"I don't blame myself either." I shrugged, making it evident I was lying.

"Don't lie."

"Don't lie, Chase."

He continued walking and I traced my fingernails against the back of his neck, admiring his perfectly sculpted face. "Do you ever just wonder how different things would be today if certain things were not to occur?"