chapter 18 | attack

JASMIN MARTINEZ

.•°•.•°•.•°•.

I looked at him vigorously typing on his phone. His facial expressions changing with each sentence. He looked so engraved into his thoughts that he didn't notice I was watching him. The noise of him typing hitting my ears as he kept typing.

His black t-shirt clung to his body perfectly, showing an outline of his toned abs. His curly locks falling on his forehead. His gray eyes focused on his phone and one of his legs moving, up and down.

My eyes went to the cheap-ass bracelet on his wrist. I don't understand why he still has it on. Even the color is coming off since it was really affordable.

Why does he still have it on all these years later?

He rotated his head in a circular motion before his eyes fell on mine. I didn't look away and maintained eye contact with him. He raised one sculpted eyebrow in question.

"What?" I lamely asked.

"Never mind." He shook his head, his hair moving perfectly.

He turned on the tv and put on one of the NBA games going on before tossing the remote to me.

"Hey!" I exclaimed.

"What?" I could see the smirk forming on his stupid pretty face, making my insides not okay.

What is wrong with my body?

It has betrayed me twice now. Yesterday, at night I don't know what came upon me that led me to tell him why I didn't want to know his reasons. Although, he was asleep.

I mean why would he want to tell me his reason now that I have become someone? Now that I'm not homeless, he's suddenly back into my life. But yet, when I didn't have a home he cheated on me. As always money and status is what matters at the end.

All those bullies in high school now suddenly want to be my friends. Fucking hilarious. At first, not a single bitch accepted me for who I was. Now the tables have switched so quickly. For one thing only, money.

However, I can't forgive him. He took away a lot more than he thinks.

I looked at the game on the tv and got highly invested. The rain was slowly dying away and I couldn't be more grateful. Xavier texted me that he sent my keys with my driver.

After, my driver told me that he was here. I got up from the couch. Chase was on the call for quite some time regarding work.

I picked up my heels, not bothering to put them back on. I was about to enter the room to pick up my clothes as Chase was about to exist. Our bodies colliding with each other as his hand snaked around my waist, stabling me before I fell. My hands going to his chest as our eyes locked.

"I'm sorry." His deep voice echoed. I took away my hands from his chest and he let go of me.

I entered the room and picked up my clothes before heading to the bathroom to change. I took off his dress shirt and put on my white tank top and blue jeans. I put on my heels. I folded his t-shirt and put it on the counter in the bathroom.