chapter 34 | time

JASMIN MARTINEZ

.•°•.•°•.•°•.

t h r e e w e e k s l a t e r

When death is centimeters away is when someone realizes how much a person truly means to them. In the society we live in today, it's very common to keep resentments.

But, once that person leaves that's when you understand the true value of them in your life. For example, in my life, I was minutes away from
losing my mother.

She got a minor heart attack however at that moment I realized how important she is in my life. I'm always caught up in work that I forget to spend time with her.

Time is valuable.

In the past three weeks, I have realized the importance of people and time. My priorities have changed immensely and I have learned that family is more important to me than my business. My business will always be a priority but after my family and health.

My Momma had gotten a minor heart attack after hearing that I had gotten shot. Her heart has always been in a poor condition and too much stress can cause her to have a heart attack. Though it was small, the pain it caused me when I heard about it was unexplainable.

I almost lost her.

I was in the hospital for two and a half weeks because of a bullet wound. It would have been more time but since multiple high qualified surgeons flew out, it didn't take as long. The bullet barely escaped my heart by centimeters and is the reason why I'm still breathing today. I was now on bed rest for a week but I was over it.

I was feeling like a failure once again.

This reminded me of when I was paralyzed five years ago. I would be sitting on the cold kitchen hardwood while not having any ability to move. I have been spending more time with my mother and bonding with her. But, other than that I was bored out of my mind.

Xavier came over every day and even stayed over most of the time. But, I know he's still pissed off at me. He doesn't say it but I know he's mad that I had gotten shot when the bullet wasn't for me.

I tried explaining multiple times to him but that fucker doesn't want to listen. Yes, we are currently not on talking terms and it's pissing me off.

The door opened, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked towards the door as hope-filled in me. "Here." Xavier entered the room. The hope left me and my shitty mood stayed. He had a bag that looked to be from this local salad place nearby. He put the bag on the nightstand before going into the bathroom.

I looked out the window to see the gloomy weather. It was Fall time now and I couldn't be happier. But, the fact that I couldn't get out of my bed and enjoy the weather was pissing me off.

Lately, I have been in a bad mood.

I have started to complain more and get pissed off at the smallest things.

The bathroom door opened and Xavier stepped out. He looked at the bag on the nightstand still before sighing to himself and coming towards me. He opened the bag and took out the bowl of salad.

He extended his arm to give me the salad but I shook my head. "Eat." He stated.

"No," I replied.