chapter 17 | rain

CHASE KNIGHT

.•°•.•°•.•°•.

Five years later, and yet not a day has passed of me not thinking about her. My first thought in the morning and last thought at night.

I looked at her from behind the wall as she ate the spaghetti. I knew if I went into the kitchen right now she would stop eating immediately. My girl- I mean Jasmin is stubborn like that.

She wrapped the spaghetti around the fork before placing the fork in her mouth. Her mouth moved slowly as she savored the taste before swallowing it down.

Her other hand tapped on the table as she ate. She looked deep in thought, almost as if having a debate with herself.

Her being lost in her thoughts caused her to put the fork a little too far down her mouth and she started to choke. My pants growing more restricted with each movement of hers. I covered my mouth so she wouldn't hear me. She drank the water on the dining table before resuming back to eating.

She ate all the spaghetti on the plate. She still had some leftover bread on the plate and she looked like she was complementing eating the rest of the bread or leaving it. She shrugged and decided to eat the garlic bread. Once she was done, she got up from her seat and put the dishes in the sink. My other unwashed dishes were still in the sink as I decided to wash them tomorrow.

She washed her hands, and afterward, she started washing all the dishes. She cleaned the whole kitchen from the mess I left behind and made it organized.

She took off her wet cardigan and put it on the dining table chair to dry. She went to the living room and sat down. She sneezed again and wrapped her hands around herself. She tried rubbing her hands on her skin but it didn't look like it worked. The heater had broken in the living room.

I went back to my temporary room and took out a white long-sleeve button-up shirt and some black joggers. I quickly cleaned my room so she wouldn't know about the mess I live in. I headed back to the living room to see her shivering as her knees were pulled to her chest and her hands wrapped around her knees.

"Wear this." I extended my arm with the clothes towards her.

She glanced up at me before her eyes went to the clothes in my hand. As usual her stubbornness couldn't let her listen to me. She shook her head and replied, "No, thank you."

"You are going to get sick." I tried to convince her. "You can take the room, the heater doesn't work out here." I said as I took a seat on the couch before laying down.

She debated for a second before she got up and made her way to the room. I closed my eyes in content and put my hand over my eyes.

The living room was freezing and my dumbass forgot to bring a blanket with myself. I couldn't go back to my room because I didn't want to wake her up.

It's okay, you'll live.

I put my hands around myself as I turned to my side and hoped my body heat would be enough to survive the cold night.

I heard the door open after a while as my eyes remained closed. I heard the noise of glass as she probably pulled out a glass from the cabinet.