chapter 36 | collusion

JASMIN MARTINEZ

.•°•.•°•.•°•.

Game fucking on. May the best one win.

I took a bullet for the fucker and he's going after to kill me. Though, in his defense, he doesn't know my true identity.

This will be fun.

I opened the door, acting as if I didn't hear anything. I passed by him, going down the stairs. I put on some flats before putting Moana's food in her bowl. I filled her water. I picked up my purse from the counter, just as Connor came down the flight of stairs.

"Do you want to go out?" I asked.

"You should be on bed rest." I rolled my eyes.

"Are you coming or not?" I clicked the button on the elevator and it opened up. I stepped inside, followed by Connor.

"Where are we going?"

"I have to go to Chase's house to check up on the process being made. Hopefully, nothing fucked up in the time I was gone." I chuckled. Not only, did I have to worry about Chase's assassination on me but I had to keep up with my work. I wasn't going to let anything or anyone put a stain on my company.

Xavier wasn't here anymore. I needed to figure all this shit out on my own. I needed to do my own research on who the fuck put the bounty on Chase's head while also staying careful that I don't get a bullet to the dome.

"Jaz!" Connor shouted, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"Where are you lost?"

"It's nothing, I was just thinking about how the progress is going at Chase's house." I put on a small smile.

"I went over and it seemed like everything was going fine."

I nodded, "Thank God."

I stepped out of the elevator and made my way toward my red Ferrari. "Are you going to take your car? I can get someone to bring it over to your place."

"You are not driving." He stated.

"Why not?" I questioned.

"Jaz, don't be stubborn. Let's take my car."

"I have to come back home." I needed to find information about who is behind the bounty. I can't really do that if I don't have a vehicle of my own.

"I'll drop you." Liar.

"Connor," I whined. "I'm fine."

"No, come on." He headed towards his car and unlocked it. I sighed and walked myself towards his car. I sat down in the passenger seat and closed the door. We both put on our seatbelts before Connor reversed and pulled onto the main street.

"I want to take you somewhere."

I looked at him as he lazily held the steering wheel with one hand and the other on his lap. "Where?"