chapter 8 | quiet

JASMIN MARTINEZ

.•°•.•°•.•°•.

"Ditching me already?" Xavier snarled as I got out of the car.

I went around the car to the driver's side. "Like you didn't ditch me?" I smirked. He looked away.

"Yeah, sorry about that." He scratched the back of his head.

"Had fun?" I leaned down putting my hands on the window as he was seated on the driver seat. I could see his face getting heated up.

"Yes, now shut up." I laughed.

"Alright, but just for now, I told him. "And, you know I have to go pick up my cat."

"Yeah, yeah." He threw a hand in the air. "I'll come by today." I nodded. He kissed my forehead before speeding away.

The trip to Italy was amazing. We had spent the rest of the week there. It's now a few days later and we are back in Los Angeles. Just as we landed, work resumed. The implementation process began and I have been busy ever since.

We had multiple projects going on. Plus, the magazine cover ruined my whole day. Yesterday, I was in the studio shooting for what seemed centuries. We did multiple shots with different clothes. It would be released in the next week or so after editing. I stayed the night at Xavier's since it was closer to the studio than my penthouse.

I finally got the chance to pick up my cat. I had given my cat to my neighbor in the building. They lived on the floor underneath us and would take care of the cat when I wouldn't be home.

God bless neighbors like them.

I had a white fluffy cat named Moana. I usually just call her 'Momo'. I had gotten the cat when I moved into this penthouse and it's been the best experience.
She is a very disciplined cat but she doesn't like new people just like her mother.

I'm not too fond of people either. I'd rather stay in my little bubble.

My neighbor opened the door and let me inside. "Hey, how have you been?" Alina asked. She was a Russian who had immigrated to the states not too long ago. Alina was around my age maybe a year older though. I was twenty-three and I think she is twenty-four.

"I'm good, what about you?" I asked, just to be polite.

"I'm great." She beamed.

I saw Moana coming from behind the couch. I squatted down as she came closer to me. "Hi, my love." I said as I started patting her and scratching her.

"Meow." She purred. She leaned into my hand. Her dark eyes looking at me. The tips of her ears were red.

"Do you like staying here?" I asked as I picked her up and stood up. Her tail was straight and upright telling me she was excited. She was licking my face as I snuggled her. "I missed you too, Momo."

"Thank you, Alina."

"Of course, anytime!" I said goodbye and left her apartment. I stepped into the elevator and went to the basement. I decided to take Momo to work with me.