{13} Mute

{Aspen's POV}

"Assssssssssss!!!"

"Aaaassssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!"

"AAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"

I immediately shoot up from my cloud in a panic. I frantically look around my room for the source of the loud noise. My gaze meets a concerned looking Kohen. I can feel the panic grow inside me.

"Sh*t sorry As." Kohen says nervously.

My hyperventilating doesn't subside and I start to tremble. Kohen's face turns frantic as he tries to calm me down. Soon enough, I feel my cheeks getting damp. I reach my hand up to my face and when I bring it back down, I see tears on my fingers and I realize I'm crying. For some reason, the realization makes me sob louder.

Kohen continues to pace around my room mumbling things to himself. His head suddenly snaps to mine in realization. 

"Okay, okay, okay, okay relax please? Calm down! Listen to me, we're going to try this square breathing thing."

I widen my eyes, surprised by his efforts but nod my head nonetheless. He sits down on the edge of my cloud and looks me in the eyes.

"Inhale 1 2 3 4, Hold 1 2 3 4, Exhale 1 2 3 4, Hold 1 2 3 4"

I follow his instruction and after a few rounds, I start to calm down. My breathing starts to regulate and my sobs turn to occasional hiccups.

"I'm so sorry As, I was just trying to wake you up for school." Kohen says with a guilty face.

"Sorry Hen-Hen I didn't mean to react that way." I ignore his apology.

"Don't you dare apologize for something you cant control." Kohen says sternly. "I'm sorry As, I wasn't thinking."

"Hen-Hen you're fine, now get out so that I can get ready for the worst day of my life." I groan.

Kohen nods with an amused look on his face and gets up from my cloud. Before he gets to my door, I stop him and he turns to look at me.

"You're off the hitlist." 

I smile at his confused face before turning around and heading towards my closet. I pick out a green sweatshirt and yellow turtleneck to put underneath it. For my bottoms I pick some orange pants and a black leather belt to complete the look.

 For my bottoms I pick some orange pants and a black leather belt to complete the look

As I change, I cant help but glance at the large scar on my leg. It has finally healed but unfortunately will leave a large scar extending from the back of my ankle all the way up to the front of my knee. It's certainly an awkward shape and I feel awfully self conscious about it. Trying to shake the negative thoughts in my head, I quickly get dressed, do my business and make my way to the dinning room.