{32} Faint

{Yarrow's POV}

I surely woke with a start this morning. Aspen scared me but by the look on her face, I scared her more. Her reaction seems logical, she doesn't know me or Hudson well, the only experiences we've had have been negative. A true shame but nothing can be done of it now. 

Caspian came in and asked to speak to Aspen. She took a seat on one of the leather armchairs and Caspian took a seat on the one beside her. I notice her looking back and forth between Hudson and I. She also gives Sorin a few questioning looks. The surrounding glass and upturned furniture is catching her eye as well. I notice how she prefers Rhys to stay close to her. He seems like a good guard and I suppose their relationship is growing.

"Aspen, you know Hudson and Yarrow." Caspian states.

"I suppose I do.." Aspen trails off, not looking at Hudson or myself.

"They, along with Ash, are going to be staying with us for a while. It's temporary, but the exact time frame is unsure. I'm sorry that you were startled when you came in, the maids are working on the mess. The boys are also getting their own rooms and will not be staying in the living room." Caspian says, watching Aspen carefully. 

She is careful wither her facial expression, I can see that much. Otherwise, she shows no signs of distress or fear. Her posture shows she is alert, the way she is leaning in her chair lets me know she has her gun tucked in her waistband. A detail I'll be careful not to disclose to her brothers. She seems ready for anything. I cant help but feel a tinge of pride, she has been trained well.

"Why?" Is her seemingly simple question.

"Extra protection. We also have some business to finish." Is Caspian's half-truth.

"What happened to the house?" She asks, still focused on Caspian.

"You know your brothers have a hard time getting along with Hudson, Yarrow and Ash. Let's just say a small argument broke out." Caspian replies, making Sorin scoff.

"Small argument my ass." He mumbles, earning a stern look from Caspian.

Yesterday, 9:30p.m.

"Why the f*ck should we let you live here? What kind of living arrangement is this?" Jasper gets frustrated and drops a few blankets to the floor.

"It's extra protection, plus your dear eldest brother already agreed. Don't worry Jas, it'll be just like old times." Hudson taunts while fluffing a pillow.

"F*ck this sh*t." Jasper turns around to leave the living room.

"That's right, leave just like you did at the mission in Canada." Hudson says, making Jasper turn around.

"You're one to f*cking talk, you left when everything started going wrong like the f*cking coward you are!" Jasper raises his voice.

"And you're the one who couldn't pull the f*cking trigger!" Hudson shouts back, causing Jasper to grab a picture frame off of the mantle and whip it at Hudson, just missing his head. 

"Your aim is ass! You couldn't even kill me if you did pull the trigger!" Hudson picks up a vase and throws it at Jasper which he barely dodges.

Jasper lunges at Hudson, knocking him to the ground and they struggle against each other. Jasper pins Hudson to the ground but Hudson reaches for a plant pot which was knocked down in the ruckus. He slams it against Jasper's head, allowing Hudson to get out from his hold. Jasper and Hudson get up and stand facing each other, both out of breath, both holding their injuries.