{16.2} Deafening

{Oslo's POV}

Romy Donne is starting to get on my f*cking nerves.

I never should have made a deal with him, but I'm just trying to look at the other side of this.

When the paycheck is in my hand, it's all that matters.

"We have numbers, all we need to do is surround the place and go inside." Romy explains, looking at a map of the Karieos mansion.

"We also have the element of surprise. They're not expecting anything and the trackers are still active." I chime in.

"Exactly." He nods at me, then turns to the rest of the large group. I'd say close to 100 people, "The plan is simple. We all know it but I'll say it again. Oslo's team goes in from the back, mine from the front. Sweep the house, kill anyone except for the girl. I need her alive. I want Balor as well, but alive or dead doesn't matter to me anymore."

"Be diligent people, they will Not go down without a fight. And you are not guaranteed to come out of this alive." I tell them. "But you being here proves your loyalty, and it will be rewarded greatly if we get out of this."

"Yes, now everybody gear up and get to your respective cars. We leave in 45 minutes." Romy commands.

The people leave the conference room leaving Myself, Romy, Finn and one last kid I don't know the name of.

"Thank you Oslo, we appreciate this greatly and trust me when I tell you, the pay will not disappoint." He holds hid hand out.

"I'm counting on it Romy." I reply, shaking his hand and taking mine back quickly.

When he looks away, I discreetly wipe my hand on my pants.

Gross.

I gesture for Finn to follow me when I walk out of the room. We walk down the hallway and Finn lets out a breath it seems he was holding in.

"Are we really not double crossing that asshole and killing him?" He asks lowly, making me chuckle.

"Tempting, but I don't think so." 

"Damn." He shakes his head disappointedly. "But hey, you think Romy would let me get with that Aspen chick before he kills her?"

"Don't be a pig man, she's underage." I tell him with a scowl.

"I'm 17." He shrugs.

"That's your business then." I dismiss the thought.

We walk to our private equipment room. Finn walks to the guns lined up along the wall and I go to the knives. We begin gearing up and I'm starting to get the rush of excitement that comes with missions like these.

{Aspen's POV}

"Where do you know him from?" Sorin asks, referring to my 'crush'.

I groan in response.

"Didn't we drop this already?" I ask, taking another bite of my cereal.

"You see Aspen, it just doesn't make sense." Sorin thinks out loud, "If he was from school, we would know. If you knew him before you met us- well that's not possible. You only knew Ash and Edith. Wait hold on, is it Ash?"