{24.2} Uproarious

{Aspen's POV}

It's nearing the evening now and dinner is about to be served. There is a meeting before dinner for the plan of attack against Romy and Oslo. Ambrose told me it was best if I didn't attend, but they would tell me everything afterwards.

I didn't really mind that idea so I agreed. Caspian promised I would get Finn and that's what I really cared about. He makes me so uncomfortable and he's just a sick human being.

Right now I'm sitting with Kohen in the main area of the warehouse. A few people are scattered around but not many people are here. They're all about to go to the meeting anyways.

I'm showing Kohen the fastest way to take apart a gun and put it back together. He thought he could do it better than me but that's a funny joke.

I've beat him 5 times now and he refuses to admit defeat.

I focus on the gun and I don't notice a few people walking in. As I clean up a few things, Kohen speaks up beside me.

"Hey Trev! Come here." He says, making my heart beat a little faster.

I keep my eyes down on the dirty concrete floor. Hey look, has that spec of dirt always been there? I move my foot slightly and push it around with my shoe.

"What's up Kohen?" Trev comes right in front of us, I can see his shoes in my peripheral vision.

We're not going to talk about the other two pairs of shoes beside him. But rather, oh look! Yet a second spec of dirt and *gasp* is that a blade of gra-

"Been a while man how you doing?" Kohen asks, putting the gun down.

"Just live, love, laughing." Trev replies sarcastically.

Kohen let's out a small chuckle and I glance up, tearing my eyes away from the second blade of grass I found. Arlo is looking at me already and I raise my eyebrows up and down at him. He simply raises one eyebrow and suppresses a smirk.

"I wasn't expecting you to come down to Canada honestly." Kohen tells him.

"Well Alani needed some input on the warehouse and I think Sorin wanted a meeting with Arlo and I." Trev explains, gesturing to Arlo.

"Right," kohen starts, looking at Arlo. "I haven't met you yet, I'm Kohen."

Kohen reaches his hand out for a handshake and Arlo places his hand in Kohens. My heart is beating a million times a minute, watching the interaction. I can only imagine what Arlo's feeling right now.

"Arlo Dolores."

They break the handshake and I look away from Arlo's gaze which lingers on me whenever Kohen's not looking. I glance at Buttface who has a smirk plastered on his face.

"Have you all met Aspen?" Kohen asks, gesturing to me.

Trev opens his mouth to reply, but Osirus beats him to it.

"No Kohen, I don't believe we have." Buttface says with a fake voice. "I'm Osirus."

Buttface holds his hand out and I refrain from rolling my eyes. I place my hand in his hand he squeezes it unnecessarily hard and shakes it up and down. I take my hand back quickly, but not too quickly so Kohen doesn't get suspicious.

"Aspen, like he said." I say blankly.

I shake hands with Trev and Arlo as well but those interactions are far less irritating. But Arlo gives my hand a reassuring squeeze, forcing me to suppress a smile.

"Oh sh*t." Kohen says suddenly, looking at a message that popped up on his phone. He looks up at Osirus. "The meeting for the plan of attack is starting. You're joining that right?"