{29} Whist

{Aspen's POV}

"NO THAT'S NOT HOW YOU DO IT!"

I flinch at the yelling.

"I thought you were supposed to fold the egg whites 29 times?" I ask confused.

"Oh sh*t you're right. My bad, carry on." 

Having Jasper help you bake is a nightmare. One that I'm unfortunately living right now. He was reading me the recipe and he likes to think he knows better than the recipe. He makes me stop every five seconds to make sure I'm doing everything right. 

I want to throw him out the window.

I doubt he can fly.

But that's not an issue in my book.

Caspian decided Jasper and I need to get along better. He thought if Jasper helped me bake, we could bond or something disgusting like that. So far, I think our relationship is at it's lowest point.

"Now you dye the batter." 

"Yes, I know." I reply while dying the macaron batter purple.

"Now you put the batter in the piping bag."

"Mhmm" I put the batter in the piping bag.

"Now pipe them on the baking sheet into circles about an inch in diameter." 

"I know Jasper." I tell him while piping the cookies onto the sheet.

"Now you wait for an hour until they have a film on the top."

"I know."

"What are you going to do while you wait?"

"Probably play with my Rubik's cube." I tell him while wiping my hands on a dish towel.

"Lame. I'm done with this. Tell Cas we had a great time or some sh*t like that." Jasper slides off the counter he was previously sitting on and drops the recipe book on the floor. He then strides out of the kitchen, leaving me staring at the recipe book with my mouth slightly agape. 

The disrespect.

I pick up the book, dust it off and place it on the counter. Just as I'm about to start to clean up the mess, Raini and another maid walk in with a disapproving look. I give her a sheepish smile.

"Miss Aspen, you know you are not to do the cleaning." She says with a shake of her head.

"But Raini, I made the mess, I have two hands. I am very capable of doing little clean up jobs like this." I tell her.

"Not necessary, now out. You have the alarm set for the macarons so you may come back when they are ready."

"Fine." 

I hate being cleaned up after. I don't know why. I think subconsciously I don't want to let myself turn into a privileged rich girl.

As I make my way to my room, my mind wanders to the baking competition. There is exactly one week left now. One week left until I can finally find out whatever everyone wants me to stay away from. I've considered going against Caspian and not going, but my curiosity is getting the better of me.