Chapter 9

Mike's P.O.V

We walk one more block and arrive at the hospital. "Here we are." I state. I looked down a Jeremy cause be didn't respond, he was sleeping soundly in my arms. I smiled. "Wake up sleepy head we're here." I whisper into his ear. He shifts a bit, his eyes opening slightly. He looked up at me and smiles, I smile back."Do you think you can walk into the hospital?" I ask.

"I d-don't know." He states."Can y-you put me down s-so I can try?" He asks, I put him down. He stumbles a bit, but regains his balance. He then takes a step foward, he almost falls but I catch him."Guess n-not." He looks down blushing in embarrassment. I then carry him bridal style again.

I step into the cold hospital, the bright lights blinding my vision for a second. I look down to Jeremy he had bruises on his face from his dad.'I'm going to kill his dad if it's the last thing I do!' I shout in my mind, clutching my fists forgetting that Jeremy was there, due to me lost in my thoughts.

"W-what's wrong?" Jeremy asked. I look at him and sigh.

"N-nothing." I say surprised that I stuttered. He nods, I walk towards the front desk and explain everything. She gave Jeremy a I'm sorry look.

"Well, you can wait in the waiting room. A doctor will be with you shortly." She sates while smiling, I then walk towards the waiting room. I then enter a room filled with chairs, a t.v., and magazines.

Jeremy's P.O.V

Mike puts me down on a chair and takes the chair next to me."H-hey Mike. Why d-did you help m-me?" I asked curiously. He looked shocked that I asked him that.

"I helped you because I love you, I don't want anything to happen to you. Jer you mean the world to me, I haf a... girlfriend she did bad things." He states, tearing up a little in the end. I then hug him and he hugs back, crying a little bit.

Time skip 10 minutes

"Mr. Fitzgerald." The nurse calls. Mike picked me up and carried me to the room the nurse took us to. Mike puts me on the hospital bed, a few mins pasted by me and Mike chit chatted a bit, until the doctor walked in.

"Hello Mr. Fitzgerald. My name is Dr. Petersen, I'll be taking your x-ray, cause it says here that you might have a broken ankle." He explains. I nod, he then goes out of the room and in a couple minutes he brought crutches. I forgot that Mike left mine back on the sidewalk."Okay I will meet you in the room were I can take your x-ray of your ankle."(Idk I never broken anything or even been to a hospital that much) The doctor states, he walks out of the room. I grab my crutches and head towards the x-ray room.

Time skip (I'm too lazy to write today)

I was in my hospital room with a cast around my ankle. Mike was getting food at the cafeteria, he was gone for ten minutes and I was getting worried.' Where is he at?' I ask myself. I was staring at the t.v., hung up on the wall.

"Hey Jer, sorry I took so long something happened at the cafeteria. It was some kind of food fight or something like that." Mike explained. He handed me a tray that had a ham sandwich, a water bottle, and a chocolate bar. My eyes lit up when it saw the chocolate bar. I gave Mike half my sandwich and chocolate bar; I wasn't going to give him a piece of my chocolate. Mike smiled as I gave him the piece."Thanks Jer." He said while ruffling my hair.