Chapter 31

Jeremy's P.O.V

Mike was quickly driving me to the hospital, everything was going dark. I notice that he was bleeding on his knee; I remember that Mike had gotten shot on his knee."Mike are you okay? Your knee is bleeding badly." I spoke softly.

"Yeah." Mike answered, his voice filled with both pain and sadness. I was going to speak up saying that he wasn't, but my stomach started to hurt badly. I clutch onto my stomach, tears running down my face. We drove one more block until entering the hospital parking lot. Mike quickly parked, he got off the car; darkness making its way to me. Mike limped to the passenger side of the car, he opened it and picked me up bridal style; then everything went black.

Mike's P.O.V

Jeremy's eyes slide shut, I limp to the front of the hospital. My knee was giving out, I trip and fall, dropping Jeremy in front of me. I try my hardest to get up, but I would just keep falling. I use my arms to move towards Jeremy's body, I hug him tightly.'Please help, anyone.' I pray. I see a nurse walk out, she saw us and ran back into the hospital. She soon came back with a doctor, the doctor looked horrified.

"GO GET A STRETCHER, NOW!" I hear him yell. I close my eyes, losing my grip on Jeremy. I had given up, I didn't know if we were going to live or not. I was loosing too much blood, and Jeremy almost beaten to death. I hear running and wheels of a stretcher coming our way.

"Please take... Jeremy." I say softly while coughing. I feel him getting removed from my arms, my eyes water, I snif, tears running down my face. I hear another stretcher come my way, soon I was being lifted up and pushed into the hospital. I would take what ever was coming life or death, but death seemed like the best answer right now. Everything went dark as I enter a white room.

No P.O.V

Both Mike and Jeremy were fighting for survival. Jeremy's mom appeared next to him, she started to sing.

You are my sunshine

My only sunshine

You make me happy

When skies are gray

You'll never know, dear

How much I love you.

Please don't take my sunshine away

The other night, dear

When I lay sleeping

I dreamed I held you in my arms

When I woke, dear...

I was mistaken

So I hung my head and cried

You are my sunshine

My only sunshine

You make me happy

When skies are gray

You'll never know dear

How much I love you

Please don't take my sunshine away

You are my sunshine

My only sunshine

You make me happy

When skies are gray

You'll never know, dear

How much I love you

You are my sunshine

You are my sunshine

You are my sunshine

She kissed her sons head before disappearing. Jeremy and Mike were hooked up on wires. Mike and Jeremy's heart beats getting slower; doctors running in and out of there rooms.