Chapter 10

.........................................
Time skip one week
Mike's P.O.V

I was driving towards the hospital to pick up Jeremy. I had a bad feeling that things are going to go wrong. I drove for a few more minutes until reaching the hospital, I walk in a go straight to Jeremy's room. I enter the room and see him sitting down looking out the window, he didn't notice me walk in so I snuck up on him.'3, 2, 1, and-' I was just about to hug him from behind until the doctor walked in, and Jeremy turned around to come face to face with me, he blushes.

"M-mike!?" Jeremy yells, jumping a little.'I guess I still got him.' I think smirking.

"Mr. Schmidt I see your here to pick up Mr. Fitzgerald." I nodded and he past me papers."Sign here, and your free to go." Dr. Petersen explained pointing to the spot where I need to sign. I signed the paper work and handed it back to the Dr."Okay Mr. Schmidt you can now Mr. Fitzgerald home.

"Okay *doctor walk out of the room* lets go home." I say to Jeremy. Jeremy gets up and I pass his crutches.

"T-thanks Mike." Jeremy said while grabbing his crutches. We started to walk out of the hospital, we were in the elevator."M-Mike I'm s-sorry for...not telling you about m-my dad sooner." He looked down, I grabbed his chin so he can look at me. He looked at me his green eyes tearing up, a few seconds later he started to cry."I-It's my fault I-I-" I cut him off be kissing him, he was tense but soon relaxed into the kiss. We parted for air.

"Look Jer nothing is your fault, it's just how life is but I promise I will take care of you." Jeremy looked at me, he moved his crutches to the side of the elevator and hugged me, I hugged back.

"I-I will do m-my best to t-take care of y-you to." Jeremy said. He grabbed his crutches and the elevator opened. We stepped out and walked to the front desk.

"Hi, I would like to check out Mr. Fitzgerald." The receptionist looked at me and she looked like."DOLL!?" I yelled causing Jeremy to flinch a little.

"Ah... Mikey I see you're with this young, cute, little kid...am I right or no?" She said with a perverted voice while looking at Jeremy."So...you think you can just forget about your little baby Doll... That's were your wrong, Mikey." Jeremy hid behind me shaking a little."Aw...did I scare the poor little baby." Doll said causing Jeremy the shake more. She got up and went to Jeremy.
Jeremy's P.O.V

Doll walked up to me and whispered.'Mikey is mine and you can't take him away from me...he loves me more.' I was shaking more, Doll just laughed and went back to her desk."Okay.... Mikey you can go and take your toy with you." Mike motioned me to hurry, I looked at Doll she gave me a death glare. I started towards Mike.

"M-Mike who was s-she?" I asked Mike.

"She's my ex." He said, we walked out to the parking lot. I followed Mike to his car.'He has a car? Then why didn't he use his car to get to the hospital, when I was injured?' I confusingly ask my self. Mike opens the passenger door for me to get in, when I nod saying that I'm in, he closes the door and puts my crutches in the back. He then walks toward the drivers side and gets in.
Time skip to Mike's house

I walk in Mike's house, it was pretty big a little bigger than mine, he had a upstairs and everything."So, Jeremy I have a spare bedroom of you want to sleep in there, but you can sleep with me." I blushed as he said that I could sleep with him.

"I'll think a-about it." I say to him.

"Okay. Do you want to watch t.v.?" Mike asks. I nod my head saying yes, Mike takes the crutches from my hands, and carries me bridal style to his living room. He sets me down on the couch, and sits next to me. after a few hours there is a ring at the doorbell."Stay right here Jeremy I'll go get the door." Mike said.'It's been a few minutes where the hell is Mike." I think I get up not getting my crutches. I walk towards the door and see Mike there with Doll, not only was he there with Doll he was kissing Doll. My heart shattered into a million pieces, I didn't know what to do so I went out the back door. Mike heard me and he was trying to chase after me. I ran as far as I could with my casted leg. Tears stream down my face of a ran.' Why Mike? Why you said that you loved me.' I tripped and fell on a rock, but I got up and ran again. I ran as fast as I could but I was running out of breath.

I'm still a wet dot on my nose, I looked up and it started to rain."Great."  I mumble to myself.' I should go home, no not to Mike's house but my dads house.' I start walking towards my dads house, I have my hoodie on because of the rain. I got to my dads house, I stood outside ready to knock.
Trigger warning

My dad opened the door and slapped me across the face, I didn't flinch I just stood there. He took into the house."WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU! ANSWER ME NOW!" My dad punched my left eye, I didn't respond to him."WHY AREN'T YOU *he slaps me on my cheek*ANSWERING ME! YOU ARE A WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT, YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT!" My dad trips me and starts to punch me, he kicks my chest cause blood to flow out of my mouth. He just wouldn't stop, no not this time he would usually stop when I almost can't stand up. I just stayed there on the floor, not crying or anything.'I deserve this...no one likes me.' My dad gives on last kick at the chest, this time I screamed a blood curling scream. Blood pours out of my mouth, I start sobbing when my father leaves the house.
Mike's P.O.V

I ran as fast as I could.'Why...why did I kiss her back, I'm so stupid... I... I don't love her any more I love Jeremy.' I think as I start to cry. I wasn't looking at the sidewalk I ran into someone."Sorr-" I was cut off.

"YOU... YOU ARE THE ONE THAT TOOK ME SON AWAY FROM ME! YOU KNOW WHAT HE CAME BACK TO THE HOUSE CRYING LIKE A LITTLE BABY! I TOUGHT THAT KID A LESSON FOR BEING SUCH A BABY!" Jeremy's dad yelled while spitting on my face. I looked at his knuckles blood covered on them. I ran past him ignoring his screaming telling me that he wasn't finished. I felt like I needed to run faster, I ran like there was no tomorrow.

I got to his house, I didn't knock I broke through the door, not caring if I damaged the door."JEREMY!?" I screamed looking for him I entered the living room."JEREMY NO... NO THIS IS ALL MY FAULT... I PROMISED T-THAT I'LL ALWAYS TAKE CARE OF YOU... BUT... BUT I FAILED... I FAILED JEREMY!" I yell I start sobbing like crazy. He was laying on the floor with blood coming out of his mouth."I-I'm to late, I'm sor-" I was cut off by Jeremy shifting on his back. His eyes fluttering open, I couldn't help but just kiss him."Jer...your okay." I say through sniffs.

"M-Mike?" Jeremy asked with hurt in his voice."I-I thought you d-din't....love m-me." He said while coughing up blood and crying.

"Jer I love you I was stupid for doing that... Don't cry, I don't like to see you crying." I say softly while wiping the tears and blood off his face."Everything is going to okay,Jer... I promised that I would take care of you, and I will never break that promise." I get up carrying Jeremy bridal style. I kissed Jeremy on the lips and he kissed back. We parted for air

"I-I love you M-Mike with all m-my heart." He said.'At least his voice is getting better.' I think smirking to myself.

"I love you too. Now lets get back to my house before your dad gets back; I'll patch you up at my house." I say while going out 'the hell house.'