Chapter 38

Mike's P.O.V

I was woken up by the sounds of crying, I look to see if Jeremy was next to me, but he wasn't. I sit up and rub my eyes, I look at the clock it was 2:00 a.m. That was more like a whole nights sleep, 6 hours. Well I sleep for about 7 hours, and Jeremy wakes up when he wants to. I swing my legs off the bed I stretch my arms, crack my back, neck, knuckles, and all the thing you can crack. I stand up and walk out of the room heading to Carter's room.

"You are my sunshine..." A soft, calming voice sang. I yawn and continue walking down the hallway.

"My only sunshine..." I now outside the room, Jeremy putting a now sleeping Carter into his crib.

"When skies are grey... You'll never know dear..." Jeremy gives a soft kiss to Carter's forehead. I smile.

"How much I love you..." He slowly rose up and turned to me. He smiled at me and walked towards me. "Heh, that seems to work." I cup his cheek and lean in, our lips only an inch apart.

Ring... Ring...

My phone started ringing inside our room, I sigh and walk towards the room. I grab my phone and answer it. "Hello..? Ah yes everything went swell... Yeah, I'll be there in a few hours... No it's okay, I was already awake... Okay, thank you. Bye..." I hang up.

"Who was it?" Jeremy asked walking into the room.

"Oh, remember I was looking for a job..?"

"Yeah."

"Well it seems like I got the job."

"I thought you didn't finish it."

"One more question that was it."

"Ahh... It's good to know that you got it."

Time Skip 5 hours later + Jeremy's P.O.V

Mike had just left for work, and I was just playing around with little Carter. I sniffed the air, "Eww, You need a diaper change." I take Carter out of his crib and take him to a small changing table we had bought for him. I grab wipes and a clean diaper, it was easy to change him, cause he didn't squirm or cry. He was a perfect angel. But everything seemed to peaceful... I have a bad feeling that something bad is going to happen soon. I sigh.

Carter started to cry, I guess he is hungry. I pick up Carter and leave his room walking down stairs. I enter the kitchen, on the table was a premade bottle of milk. Carter started to drink it fast. "Slow down you're going to choke." Right when I said that he started to cough softly, I pat his back and he stopped. I thought he was going to do nothing, oh how wrong was I. He spit up on my shoulder.

"Really, Carter..?" I asked annoyed, he just laughed. 'Now I have to take a shower.' I walk back up stairs and set Carter down on his bed, I place a teddy bear in his crib to keep him entertained.  But he still can't sit up on his own, well I'll just place it a little closer to him. I move the bear close to him so he can reach it. The vomit was soaking into my clothing, I walk out of the blue colored room. I enter the bathroom not bothering to get clean clothes. I turn the water on, I start to take my clothes off.

Miguel's P.O.V 

I sat in my apartment, I was thinking of paying Jeremy a visit. I chuckle darkly, 'He will be mine...' I get up from my old worn out couch and walk to the door opening it and walking out into the cold morning air. I was wearing my usual clothing, I really needed new clothes. I walk down to Jeremy's house.

I arrive at the doorstep of his house, I knock on the door. Faint footsteps were heard coming down the stairs and to the front door. The door unlocks, the door opens just a crack, green eyes met my brown. The door was about to close but I place my foot between the door and the frame of the door.

"Leave me alone, I don't want you here."

"To bad." I push the door open, Jeremy fell to the ground with a loud thump. He looks up to me, his eyes already filled with tears. His shirt was a little lifted up, I could see, stitches? "Why do you have stitches?"

"Why would you care? And why would you like to know?" His voice and stare were cold. "If I tell you your just going to hurt me..."

I was about to say something, but then I heard crying from upstairs. It didn't sound like a mans cry but a baby's. "What's that?" I got no answer. Jeremy looked down at the floor, the cries getting loud and irritating. 'That's it I'm going to see what this is all about.' I walk upstairs.

"NO!" Jeremy screamed, he grabbed me by the arm. I push him off, the bad thing was that we were on the stairs. He went falling back, he hit his face in the last step. I run up to where the crying was coming from, it was a light blue colored room, toys were scattered around, and a crib sat in front of a big window.

I was frozen... "They had a kid..?" I whisper. I got tackled to the floor, I look and see Jeremy, his left eye was bleeding.

"Leave now." He growled. His blood dripped off his face and onto my shirt. I nod scared of what he might do. He sure got tougher since high school. He gets off me, I rush out of the room.

Jeremy's P.O.V

I heard the door close. Carter had calmed down but was still crying a little. My left eye hurt like hell. I hear the door open, I heard running coming up the stairs

"I SAID LEAVE!" I scream.

"Jer, it's me." I froze, I look to the door way and Mike was there, panting.

"Mike..." I start to cry. My blood mixed with my tears. Arms wrapped around me.

"It's okay... I'm here... I kicked that guys ass." Mike whispered, I hold onto his hand.

"He wanted to take Carter..."

"I won't let him... I won't let anyone take you or Carter. Promise."

"You make a lot of promises. You're not going to able to keep them all..."

"I'll try my best."

Mike and I sat there for a while, but I soon had to get up because so much blood was coming out of the wound. The cut was pretty deep, it will leave a scar, but I didn't have to get stitches. It looked like one of those biker things, when they had a scar across there eye. Mike was taking care of Carter while I was resting. He said if he had to quit his job to protect us then that's what he'll do, but we're running out of money, so he has to keep it. I'm going to call Vincent and Scott over next time. 

_______________________________

Crap chapter. Jeremy and Mike better watch out for Carter, because Miguel just might team up with some old 'friends'.