Chapter 43

Jeremy's P.O.V

I was downstairs listening to the rain and thunder outside. But something was laying on my lap, it was my son taking a nap. Mike had to go to work for a little bit, because they had called him in for something. I sigh and close my eyes enjoying the sound of the rain and thunder, I loved the sound it was very peaceful. There was a knock on the door, I carefully place a pillow under Carter's head so he won't notice that I've moved. I walk to the door and open it slightly, I see my dad and my uncle standing in front of the door. I open the door, "Hey dad and uncle. What's brings you here in such a stormy day? Oh, and happy fathers day, dad."

"We just got bored and deiced to come over. And happy fathers day to you and Mike as well." My dad stated.

"Ahh, come in, come in. Mike is at work right and Carter is taking a nap at the sofa." I move out of the way, the two brothers come in.

"Mommy?!" Carter cries out. I stop in my tracks. "Mommy!" He cries out again. I turn to the living room and run, I reach the sofa where he was sitting at. He was crying and holding his throat.

"Honey, what's wrong?" I ask in a worried tone. He points to his throat, I could see that he was gasping for air. I could tell that something was wrong, I wasted no time to pick him up and run to the door. "Dad, Uncle! Drive me to the hospital!" They open the door for me and run off to there car. I run in the rain being careful not to slip, Brice opens the back door for me I quickly enter. Bruce starts the car a speeds off, but also at a safe speed so he won't spin out of control. Carter was in my arms gasping for air. I take my phone out and dial Mike's number.

Phone Call

Mike: Hey Jer.

Jeremy: Mike! Something is wrong with Carter, he's having trouble breathing.

Mike: What? Are you going to the hospital?

Jeremy: Yeah, my dad and uncle came over when it happened.

Mike: Okay, I'll leave work right now. I'll meet you at the hospital, okay?

Jeremy: Okay.

Call Ends

I start to cry holdingdon't Carter tightly. "Mommy... don cry... it'll be okay." Carter whispered through breaths. I slightly nod my head telling myself that everything is going to be okay. About ten minutes pass and we finally arrive at the hospital. I run into the building with Bruce and Brice right behind me, Carter was rushed into a room. I sat in the waiting room crying hoping that my son will be okay. Mike arrived.

"Jer!" Mike runs towards me and hugs me tightly. "He's going to be okay, okay?" He rubbed circles on my back.

"And what if he's not. I don't think I would be able to handle another child lost. I just can't, Mike."

"Nothing is going to happen, he is a strong boy. Don't think of the negatives, think of the positives." Mike says while placing a kiss on my head. I nod. He pulls away from the hug and wipes the tears away with his thumbs. He pecks my lips.

Carter's P.O.V 

Everything was blurry my vision would go black sometimes. It felt as if my throat was sealed closed and I couldn't breathe, I could hear doctors talking but I couldn't here what they said. I see a figure walk towards me, it was a lady. "Carter, can you hear me?" I nod not wanting to speak. "Okay.." She writes stuff down on her board. "My name is  Dr. Mason, but you can call me Doll." I nod once again. "You are going to live, but we have to give you medication and a shot for right now, is that okay?" I give a thumbs up. She leaves my side, but soon returns with a pill, water and a shot. "This is going to hurt a little." She presses the needle to my arm, a pinch feeling was  felt as she push it in. She jesters me to sit up, I do as told."Okay, your now going to take this pill that will stop the swelling in your throat." She hands me the pill and water. I take them. "It will work in a few minutes, I'll be back."