C a l a m a r i

RadGamer14 gave me this prompt while we were talking so go check him out! His story just recently got 20k reads and I'm super proud of him! 

            Also I got a cool surprise brewing up at the end for y'all!

After a long day, Pearl and Marina were both hungry. They had been signing autographs for 12 hours straight. Their manager had roped the two into it, by saying it would bring interest for them back up after the recent storm of Inklings and Octolings moving to Splatsville.

Since the pair was hungry, they decided to get something to eat, figuring that right after they could crash back at home and sleep for the next 24 hours, or how ever long till they get dragged back to work.

Marina grabbed her phone, scrolling through Woogle to see if there was any restaurants around them that looked intriguing.

Pearl just stood there with her arms behind her head in a relaxed position, waiting for her girlfriend to find a restaurant. She zoned out as she waited.

After a few minutes the small inkling got impatient, "find any places yet?" She asked, clearly a bit antsy.

Marina looked up from her phone and at Pearl, "Yeah I think so." She started, then looked back down at her phone, "I just have to make a reservation."

Pearl watched over Marina's shoulder as the taller girl made a reservation for the both of them. She then hummed okay, smiling a bit as she began to grow excited over their dinner plans.

"Aight! Let's go then!" Pearl cheered, grabbing Marina's hand and pulled her towards the restaurant, the small inkling knew the restaurant her partner picked so she had no worries of getting lost.

"Aa Pearlie! You almost made me drop my phone!" Marina blurted, a bit startled by her small girlfriend's impatient action.

The two started making their way over to the restaurant, both of them were starved as they barely ate during the autograph signing. Their hungriness was probably the only reason that the duo wasn't passed out on the floor already.

After around 15 minutes of walking they made it to the outside of the restaurant, the big sign above the entrance reading: "Squenny's." (Failboat am I right?)

Pearl and Marina walked in eagerly, holding hands as they made their way to the stand so that they could be seated.

"Reservation name?" The inkling stationed at the stand asked politely.

"Marina, table for two," Marina told the worker, tightening her grip around her girlfriend's hand.

The inkling nodded and then spoke again, "Right this way."

The couple followed the inkling worker, Marina first with Pearl behind her as they were lead to the table they would be seated at.

The worker led them to a small booth where the napkins and silverware were already set up, "take a seat and a waitress will be with you shortly," the inkling told the duo, placing two menus on the table and then walked away.

Pearl and Marina both sat down across from each other and started to look at the menu. The restaurant was known for their fish and chips but Pearl specifically was craving something else.

As the two scanned through the menu Pearl looked at an item that she didn't fully understand, "Yo mar, what's this?" She asked looking up at her girlfriend who had a focused expression as she scanned the menu.

It took a second for the octoling to look up from her menu but when she did she asked, "Which one is it, Pearlie?"

"This one," Pearl said, pointing to one of the items on the menu.

Marina glanced at where Pearl was pointing and read it out loud, "That's calamari Pearl-WAIT CALAMARI??" She raised her voice a bit, shocked.

Pearl frowned, confused. "Why ya so shocked? What's calamari?" She asked the younger girl.

The octoling looked back up at Pearl, dumbfounded, "Pearl how do you not know what Calamari is?"

The smaller girl shrugged, "I don't know, what is it? Is it bad?" 

"It's OCTOPUS Pearl." Marina answered the older girl, a bit annoyed that she didn't know what Calamari was.

"Oh.. OHHHHHH." Pearl hummed in realization.

Marina facepalmed, "You know, if you put Callie and Marie together it's Calamari."

"Woah, wait really?" The small inkling asked, amazed by the coincidence.

Marina only responded with a nod, giggling a bit.

Pearl then threw another question at the octoling, "So..you gonna get it?"

"Pearl, that's my own kind right there. I'm not going to eat my ancestors." Marina responded emotionlessly.

________________________________________________________________________________

Why hello there, yes I do know calamari is squid but to be fair I just found that out recently so I'm assuming most people still think it's Octopus.

Wow, it's been like a month! With school ending and summer about to start I've been busy focusing on school and commissions, I had to deal with all the work I missed on my lil vacation too. But now I'm free Wooooo-wait nvm I start my full time job in like a week or two, I'm gonna be working at a camp so uhhh, maybe I'll get some new story ideas?

Anyways, I have a surprise! I'm going to be selling paw pride stickers on my Etsy shop to celebrate pride month! I'm very behind but they should be finished in a day or two. Here's the lesbian one because the children are gay. 

I might not post my Etsy shop on here right away so if you wanna be the first to buy these stickers(Maybe posters too 👀) then check out my Instagram! Besides these cool stickers I've been working on, I post a lot of splatoon fanart! I've always wanted to share my art with y'all as I've been drawing much longer than writing so please give it a look!

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/spewku/?igshid=xxvhlx2d1d0f

Or my user on insta: Spewku