Is Eight Ok?

Marina's POV

Pearl and I were at work in the studio talking. We were just relaxing and talking about movies until I heard my phone ringing, it was Eight.

I picked up the phone, "Hi Eight! What do you need?"

"C-Can you p-pick me up?" She was stuttering.

"Sure... Where are you?" My mood dulled looking at Pearl worried.

"I'm near Grizco... But not that close." I started to think that Eight was calming down.

"Ok, stay there. Me and Pearlie are coming to get you." I sighed, resting my head on my hand.

"Thank you." Eight hung up the call.

"What's wrong with Eight?" Pearl asked me.

"I don't know, but she didn't sound ok. Let's go." I got up and grabbed my stuff., Pearl did the same.

Our manager got really mad, but we managed to leave, I figured to just take my motorcycle since we weren't going to go back to the studio. I got off my motorcycle with Pearl behind me.

"EIGHT!" I heard Pearl scream.

"I-I'm over here." I looked to see her sitting against a wall crying.

I ran over to Eight and sat down next to her, rubbing her back to help her calm down. "What's wrong honey? You can tell me."

"Just you..." She fell onto me bawling her eyes out.

I looked up to Pearl, "Kay... I'll go get food or somethin." She gave me a peck on the lips and started to walk away.

I looked down at Eight again, "It's just me now." I started stroking her tentacle.

"Th-They raped me..." I could barley understand her.

"Wha?!?" What am I hearing right now?

"They called me an Octoslut and-and-"

"No, stop., I understand. Sweetie, what do they look like?" I had to calm myself down from what I was hearing. , Eight was too innocent for this.

"I-I don't know.. They covered my eyes." She sat up and wiped the tears from her eyes.

"Sweetie, do you feel ok right now?" I brought her in for a hug.

"I feel sore." She sobbed.

I looked at her neck and saw she had hickeys. I felt a buzz and looked at my phone.

'Can I come back now? Walkin around the square is boring.' ' Pearl texted me.

"Do you want Short mom?" I broke the hug and looked into her eyes, her cheeks were puffy and red.

She nodded slowly.

I texted back Pearl to come back and, I put my phone down. "Do you want me to do anything right now?" I looked back to Eight.

"I was getting crowded, but I'm back." Pearl walked up to us, "Oh..." She sat down next to me.

"Do you want us to sing for you?." Pearl offered.

Eight nodded. , "Fresh Start."

"I can't sing that!" Pearl pouted.

I looked over at Pearl and elbowed her lightly,, "For Eight."

Pearl sighed, "For Eight."

"I'll sing Marie's part, kay?" I looked over at Pearl who just nodded.

I gave Pearl a countdown and we both started singing, the words were flowing out of my mouth. Pearl on the other hand messed up with some of the words.

I looked at Eight the whole entire time and she seemed a bit more relaxed.

Once we finished singing Eight hugged me and Pearl.

"Let's get out of this place now. I just want to go home." Pearl and I both hugged Eight back.

"Ok. Eight you can take my helmet." I broke the hug and stood up. I walked over to my motorcycle and grabbed my helmet giving it to Eight.

We got home and I walked with Eight to her room. "I have a few questions." I asked as we walked into her room.

"Ok." Eight sat down on her bed.

"What exactly happened?" I asked shutting the door, Pearl was in the other room.

"I went to do some turf war matches today with 3, and on my way back I saw some figures. They jumped me and started calling me really bad things, can I say them?" Eight looked up at me and I nodded.

"They called me an Octothot, bitch, I don't want to say the rest." She looked down at the floor.

"That's ok! Last thing, were they males?" I scratched my neck.

Eight nodded.

I clenched my fist, "I'll be right back, I have to ask Pearlie something." I walked out of the room to find Pearl on my laptop. "Pearlie.."

"Mar.." She looked around.

"You want to know what happened to Eight?" I asked grabbing my laptop and closing it.

"Yes, tell me." Pearl rested her head on her hand.

"Some boys raped her on her way back home." I clenched my fist again.

"WHA?!?!" Pearl screamed.

"Shhh, stop screaming. I just, I just don't know what to do." I looked down at the floor.

"Did you ask her if she knew what those boys look like?" Pearl picked up my face with her hand.

"Yeah, she said they covered her face. Sometimes I wish we weren't Octolings, that we were just Inklings so this stuff wouldn't happen." I felt a tear fall down my face.

"Rina..." Pearl wrapped her arms around me, giving me a hug.

"I like you just the way you are, same with Eight. I would've never met you guys if you were an Inkling. I dunno why nobody can see how great you guys are." She squeezed me tighter.

I sniffled, "Yeah."

"I also wouldn't be able to get yummy octo-pie." Pearl broke the hug.

"Haha, I enjoy giving you octo-pie, a lot." I felt my cheeks heat up.

"I'll go speak to Eight, come and listen." Pearl started walking and I followed her.

'Eight's going to be just fine.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its sad to think I wrote some of this at school

Also, this book will be put on Hiatus! I want to focus on the other books at the moment, but Forever Two will return