Resurfacing Memories And Love

Marina's POV

Pearl and I were coming home from work on my motorcycle. It wasn't a long drive, only 10 minutes. We arrived home and parked my motorcycle, I got off and helped Pearl get off.

"You don't need to help me get off." Pearl puffed.

"I just want to help." I shrugged and took off my helmet. We started walking up the stairs to our apartment, I was holding Pearl's small and soft hand.

We made our way up the two flights of stairs and I opened the door with Pearl behind me. I looked inside and saw Eight with, Three and Four? They were sitting at the table, we never really use that table, maybe we should use it more.

"Hi Moms!" Eight said getting up from her seat and coming to hug me and Pearl.

We both hugged her and put our helmets down, Pearl shut the door. "Whatcha guys doing?" She asked the agents.

"Playin Go Fish, you wanna join us?!?" Four replied asking.

"Mmm Marina?" Pearl looked to me while I was taking off my boots, I only shrugged in response.

Pearl then looked back at Four, "Yea sure we'll play." She said walking over and taking a empty seat next to Three.

Once I got my boots off I walked over and sat next to Pearl, Eight had already sat back down, she was sitting across from me. Four was sitting across from Pearl.

We played for who knows how long till Three started getting a bit annoyed.

"Four are you cheating?" I saw Three give yellow inkling a glare.(Four's ink color is yellow and Three's is green.)

"Nooooo, I would never do that!" Four pouted and crossed her arms.

"LIAR." Pearl screamed, I covered my ears.

"Pearl no screaming, remember? You broke the window that way." I told her.

"Fine mommy." Pearl pouted still giving for a glare.

"Is that a kink?" Three and Four said at the same time looking at me.

"Uhhhh, Pearrrrl please stop calling me that." I blushed.

We kept playing till Pearl started getting like really mad at Four.

"FOUR YOUR CHEATING." Pearl screamed at four.

"Pearlie.." I called her name but she ignored me.

"I am not! I'm just really good!" Four gave Pearl a smirk. Eight, Three, and I just watched as this was happening.

"CHEATING AND BEING GOOD ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS."

"Pearl.."

"IF YOU WERE ACTUALLY PLAYING YOU WOULD BE FAILING." Pearl screamed, she got up and then flipped the table making the cards go everywhere.

My attention was grabbed by Eight who stood up shaking.

"...F-Failing...Fa-ailing....Failed....T-Test F-Failed...." She mumbled and then fell to the floor.

Me and Three rushed over to her, she was shaking with her hands over her ears in fetal position. Her eyes closed shut and water running down from her eyes.

"Something triggered her." I told three. I got up and ran over to Pearl, grabbed her arm and yanked her over to where Eight was curled up on the floor.

"Into the Light?" I asked her and she nodded. We both sat down next to her and I picked her up, making sure not to touch her back.

Pearl started singing Into the Light and I joined in later when it was my part, we then sang together and I could tell when we both sang at the same time she loosened up.