2 In The Morning

TW! please read with the caution in mind. (This was my first story btw)

It was 2:34 am and Pearl was having trouble sleeping, she shifted from looking at Marina to looking at the wall. She was already shivering and then her eyes started to water, Pearl decided to leave and go to the other room before she disturbed sleeping Marina.

As she was getting up from their bed tears falling from her face she heard Marina shift. "Oh Cod." Pearl breathed. She quickly walked to the bathroom and shut the door before Marina could come after her and turned on the lights.

Pearl looked into the mirror, "Why am I like this?" she sobbed while crying. "I bet the world hates me, every single Squid and Octo." The inkling stared into her own light golden eyes and then looked at the floor. "I'm ugly too." She rolled up her sleeve and looked at it, it was covered in  cuts and wounds. 

She went to the bathroom cabinet, Pearl opened it and reached to grab a sharp knife in a spot only she knew where it was. While she was reaching for the knife Pearl slipped and fell. She gulped and then quickly got up and grabbed the knife. Pearl took the knife to her arm near her wrist and cut herself, she winced at the pain but continued going deeper, pink ink flowing out of her skin. Her tears got worse and she started sobbing loudly.

Pearl heard a knock on the door and before she could put the knife away the door opened. Marina stood at the door, gasping. She ran to Pearl and tried to take the knife from the inkling. Pearl wasn't going to let Marina take it though and held onto the knife, pink ink was now being splattered around both of them. 

"Pearl! Give me the knife!" Marina yelled and then swiftly grabbed the knife and threw it outside the room. Pearl tried going for it but Marina stopped her and held the girl to the floor putting her hand over the small inklings arm that was now covered in pink ink. Marina looked at her arm  with the sleeve rolled up and rolled up her other one, it was covered in cuts. "Pearl.." Marina muttered shocked. 

Pearl looked away from Marina to the floor, "It ain't much." She said putting on her tough act while still sobbing. She dug her nails into her skin causing small amounts of pink ink to run down her arm. 

Marina took her hand and squeezed it, "Why Pearlie? You shouldn't hurt yourself." 

Pearl picked her head up looking at Marina, "Why? Because I'll get a lil cut?" she said her light gold eyes dulling.

Marina narrowed her seafoam green eyes at Pearl. "No, because this will happen." She said with a stern but worried tone, picking up her hand that was over Pearl's ink soaked arm. 

Pearl looked down at her arm taking it and holding it up to her chest. "It doesn't matter, no one likes me. I just drag people like you down. You...you deserve better Rina.." Pearl choked looking down at her arm.

Marina stopped narrowing her eyes and hugged Pearl. "If that was true I wouldn't be hugging you right now!" Marina said with an enthusiastic tone trying to lift the older girls spirits.

Pearl didn't hug Marina back, but she then sniffled and smelled Marina's warm scent. She relaxed a bit, "Why are you trying so much? I don't deserve you." she said under her breath, losing her tough tone.

Marina heard her and let go holding Pearl's shoulders, staring into her light golden eyes. The inkling started to turn her head away but Marina took her left hand and put it on Pearl's cheek rubbing her thumb against it. "You're right Pearlie. You don't deserve me, you need me. I need you, we need each other." Marina stayed silent for a moment before saying, "Pearl, I love you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

711 words? for my first one? Man I hope this is entertaining. Tell me if you like it.