Strained-

Pearl's POV

this means that Marina is talking on the phone --

--"We can't come to work today, I'm telling you for the last time!" Marina was on the phone with their manager. I kinda just listened while eating my pancakes.

--"Why?!?"

--"I already said, Pearl strained her voice at the concert and can't speak."

--"I'm not going in by myself, It's either both of us or none of us and one of us can't come."

--"Well! Just get someone to take over for us."

--"I don't know when she's gonna get better! She used her killer whale!"

--"Thank you." I heard Marina put down the phone.

I was almost finished eating when Marina came over to me, it was around time for us to leave for work and I was thankful Marina got us out of going.

She sat down next to me and sighed resting her face on her hand. I turned over to her and tapped her, she looked at me.

"You ok?"  I signed fluently in sign-language.

Marina took a minute to understand before saying, "Yeah, just annoyed." sighing she took out her phone texting someone before putting it back down.

I went back to eating and finished after a couple of seconds, I was hungry ok? I scooted my chair closer to Marina and rested my head on the tall octolings chest. I felt her realized I was there and she started stroking my hair.

"Oh Pearlie." I heard her mutter. 

I started to drift off to sleep before I heard a ding coming from Marina's phone. I got up yawning a bit. I looked over to her and waited till she put her phone down.

"How did you learn sign-language?"  I signed, I had learned from my mom after the singing folks' contest when I was younger, my mom thought it would be a good idea if things like this happened again.

I saw Marina think about it for a moment, "Uhh, Well I don't know it that well but when I came to the surface, before I met you and afterwards too. I found out about the language and it intrigued me so I taught myself from books I would get at the library." She told me with a somewhat weary eyes.

"When did you go to sleep last night?"  I signed, I was concerned because she looked really tired.

She hesitated, "Do that again."

I signed it again, I watched as her face slowly morph into realization.

"Oh, I um. Couldn't sleep." She said blushing of embarrassment.

I put my right hand on her blushing cheek, rubbing it. "W-wh-" I tried speaking before coughing harshly.

I could feel Marina pull me close putting her hand on my back rubbing it, I leaned my head on her shoulder.

"Don't speak Pearlie." She breathed into my ear. 

I stopped coughing and I could feel her pulling away. "How about we do something." Marina suggested.

"Like what? I could go for some octo-pie right now." I signed with a smirk. 

I saw Marina's face read in her head, mouthing what I signed. It her a long minute to realize what I said and I knew when her face started to blush really badly and she turned her face away getting up from the seat.

I tried laughing but it ended in me just having a coughing fit, Marina had walked to the bathroom when she got up but came running back when she heard me coughing. I felt her rubbing my back.

"Let it out Pearlie." She told me.

She didn't really help because I coughed for the next two minutes straight. Though I did take her advise and didn't stop myself from just coughing.

When I was done coughing Marina took my shoulder in her hand, "I don't know how you were still singing at the concert after you made the worlds biggest and loudest Booyah." Marina said smiling, I was looking into her beautiful eyes thinking, 'I just want to kiss her and hug her so badly.'  And so I brought her into a kiss, at first she was startled but then she kissed me back closing her eyes. I put my arms around her hugging her, she did the same.

I then had an idea while we deep into kissing, I moved my tongue around the entrance of her lips hoping for entry. She allowed my tongue to slip through and our tongues started touching. I felt like we had french kissed before, but this was the first time. We didn't mind our saliva mixing and our tongues kept swirling around each other.

I broke apart when I started coughing, rubbing off the saliva around my mouth while coughing. Marina rubbed off the saliva around her mouth too and started rubbing my back again.

Once I stopped I looked up into Marina's pretty eyes, she looked down into my eyes "That, that was amazing!" She said squealing a tiny bit, her eyes big and sparkling. She was talking about the kiss and I could agree.

I nodded with a smile.

"You want to go get some grub? I didn't eat breakfast." Marina asked me.

I nodded and licked my lips, "I'm always up to eat!" I signed. I saw Marina giggling.

"I love youuuu!" I signed with what Marina said to me a 'cute and adorable face'. "I'm not cute or adorable, I'm tough!" I signed and then crossed my arms with a fake face of annoyance.

"Sure Pearlie. Love you too." Marina giggled patting my head and then started putting on her shoes, I followed and did the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just a quick chapter full of fluff lol!

I forget where I got this idea from but you know who you are, so shout out to the person I got the idea from!

Forever Two (Pearlina Oneshots)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें