It's A Hot Day Today

Uhh don't expect much from this chapter, I kinda felt bad for not writing anything (Ps i don't feel like writing Eight soooo she's not in it)

Pearl's POV

As Marina and I walked around the Square on our day off, fans coming up to us non-stop. We eventually took a break at a table and I sat down across from Marina.

"Rina. Can we go home soon? It's really hot out." I asked Marina who was just staring off in the distance.

Marina didn't turn to me but started speaking, "First, you don't have to ask. Second if you're hot take off your hoodie, actually you're always hot but...." Marina mumbled the last part, I didn't catch what she said.

"What did you say? Nevermind, I can't take off my hoodie!" I defended myself.

"Well, it is a pretty nice day out. You want to go to the beach? It's not too late out in the day so I bet we'll be fine." Marina said turning to face me.

"No! I don't wanna." I puffed and crossed my arms.

"Come onnnn Pearlie! Just think about it, we never go to the beach anymore. Also I wanna bury you in the sand because it'd look cute." Marina exaggerated her hand movements against her face.

"I don't want sand all over me so that a no." I frowned my arms still crossed.

"I'm gonna be upset then. You don't want to make me sad, do you Pearlie?" Marina leaned on the table, her tentacles swaying.

"No... but I also don't wanna go to the beach. I'll only go if you get me cake after." I uncrossed my arms to see Marina's face light up.

"Yay! Let's head home so we can get changed." Marina got up and grabbed my hand locking her fingers with mine. She started walking and I followed her.

"I don't wanna run into anymore fans. They tired me out." I groaned squeezing Marina's hand.

Marina shrugged, "If we do I'll talk, ok?" Her sentence reassured me.

"Mk, lets just hurry home." I picked up my pace a little.

"I'm actually surprised only 2 fans came up to us." I giggled closing the door. The Square has so many inklings and ocotlings that you'd assume more would y'know see their idol and run up to them.

"I don't want you to see what I'm wearing yet so wait till I'm finished." Marina said walking into our room.

"You got it!" I walked to the kitchen and grabbed some ice tea from the fridge. I never understood why Marina cared so much about what she wore. I do too but,,, I rather be comfy then look pretty. Well except with our work outfits, at first I hated wearing it but now I'm used to it.

I pored myself a cup of ice tea and took out my phone. I started playing squiditaire, only lonely people played this game but I play it when I get bored.

After what feels like forever, I lost a game and groaned. "Mar! You done yet?" I yelled not looking up from my phone.

"Uhh yeah! Come here!" Marina yelled back but it was more muffled.

I put my phone away and took the last sip of my drink before throwing the cup in the recycle and walking to our bedroom.

I walked in and Marina was tying her tentacles in what looked to be a ponytail. She was wearing a black and teal bikini, her cleavage showing a bit.

"Rina you look so beautiful in that." I walked up to her, putting my hand on her waist.

Marina flinched a bit from the unexpected touch but finished tying her tentacles and looked down at me. "I didn't realize something though.." she sounded a bit scared.